Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #171
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 14 Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
The house we just moved out of had a giant master bath/walkin closet and I loved it because it had a seperate "water closet" with just the toilet so I could shut the door to that and let the kids play in the rest of the room while I got ready without worrying about them being near the toilet. I had all the doors and drawers baby proofed on the vanity except one that C was allowed to play in. It had hair brushes, head bands etc. in it. How huge it was did seem a bit over kill but it definitely had its pros.
Oh boy, our own bathroom I'm going to definitely miss. We still have 2 bathrooms but none are attached to a bedroom so they have become communal. One has this nice powerful shower head so of course everyone wants to shower there causing a huge back up in the upstairs bathroom.

I will also miss being able to yell from kitchen and having everyone hear me. I need yelling intercoms. Lol

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #172
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Oh boy, our own bathroom I'm going to definitely miss. We still have 2 bathrooms but none are attached to a bedroom so they have become communal. One has this nice powerful shower head so of course everyone wants to shower there causing a huge back up in the upstairs bathroom.

I will also miss being able to yell from kitchen and having everyone hear me. I need yelling intercoms. Lol
Yes I miss having our own bathroom too.

I especially miss not having a giant pile of boxers on my bathroom floor. Why is it ok for DH and Ds1 to leave all their dirty underwear on the bathroom floor but if I did that (not that I would) they would be disgusted that there were womens under garments on the floor!? Men...
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #173
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
A cozy reading nook would be great (not funny) not sure why that turned into that.

Good thing you are home in case.

I made extra food yesterday so all I need to donks reheat and I think this or a slow cook meal is the way to go on Sundays.

We normally reheat on Sundays, but today was only half reheat, and we had to half cook.

Catechism class later and they want both parents there so there goes my plan of laying on the couch while DH takes the bigs.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #174
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Yes I miss having our own bathroom too.

I especially miss not having a giant pile of boxers on my bathroom floor. Why is it ok for DH and Ds1 to leave all their dirty underwear on the bathroom floor but if I did that (not that I would) they would be disgusted that there were womens under garments on the floor!? Men...

So there is one bathroom where you are now?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #175
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
So there is one bathroom where you are now?
Only 1 full bath then a half bathroom downstairs.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #176
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have one bathroom. Our bedroom had no door, and the boys' room door was in our room. A couple years ago we finally put in a wall so now there is a tiny hallway and we have a door. It cut into our bedroom in such a way that it formed a great little nursery nook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Good to hear you tomatoes are out of your bedroom. Interesting place to keep them. I need to get out to my garden later today after it's cooled off. We're already in the 90s, and this summer is going to be brutal.
Yikes 90s!

The tomatoes were in my room for safety. We have a porch wrapping around all the downstairs windows but one that faces NW. Upstairs there is one big window in my room, or two little windows in the boys' room that get SW sun, and we figured the seedlings would be safer in mine than in with the 2 and 4 yos! 73 tomato plants and about the same of peppers, plus some leeks.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #177
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I do love our master bathroom. It has 2 sinks, and now that we've been here 6 yrs I don't know how I'd go back to 1 sink. It also has our closet off the bathroom. I do like that part of the setup. Otherwise, I think that's a great idea to give the kids the bigger room. I'll keep it in mind if we get more kids in this house.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #178
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
73 tomato plants and about the same of peppers, plus some leeks.

I thought we were doing pretty good with 13 tomato plants (6 cherry, 3 paste, 2 purple and 2 yellow for slicing) and 4 peppers! Do you can them? I would love to have more tomatoes for salsa but I think this is a good starting point for us.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #179
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I have 10 tomatoes and 12 peppers - mostly for salsa. I didn't make salsa last year because I thought we had a lot, and then we ran out, so I need a decent salsa supply this year. But I can't imagine dealing with 70 plants!!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:34 AM   #180
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd love tomatoes. Maybe next year.

Well I'm down to 1 1/2 baths. The shower handle broke and while fixing it dh discovered the grout (or whatever you call the seal stuff was disintegrating causing water to get into the wall and wood was all wet and paint peeled off in a sheet. So he took off wet wood is letting it all dry out and he has to seal and repaint. I had asked her to leave the extra paint so I wouldn't have to go nuts trying to matching so that's going to be handy.

It's always something.