Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Diaper bags & Purses 2018

Hi all! Our last thread was getting long so hereís a new one for this year Iím going to ďtryĒ and post pics.

Whatís everyone using now??

Iíve bought a ton of bags for everything! Like swimming, church, snack bags and several diaper bags.

Right now my favorite diaper back is the Jujube BFF. Last thread I said I wasnít loving it, I am now.
I love that when baby is on my back I can grab the grab handle on top. I never realized how often I use that feature until I switch this week to the Be all (discontinued bag). I really love the Be all, but I think I still favor the BFF.

The best thing Iíve done is quit using a wallet. Iím now using a Be Charged clipped to my key fob in the mommy pockets of all the bags Iím using. This is AWESOME!! Iím never digging for my debit card now. All my other wallet stuff that I use is in a small set piece in side my bag. Stuff rarely ever use like punch cards and insurance cards are all in a coin size pouch in the back zipper of the inside of my bag. I canít believe I never thought of this. I seen it on a packing video and immediately tried it. So glad I did

Iím going to work on pics here in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper bags & Purses 2018

Well gee, now I need a Be Charged.

I wish my Skip Hop would sell so it could fund some other things I want.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is all I'm using. It's got all the kids on it, plus since I sewed it the pockets are just right...like the phone pocket fits my phone exactly.

P1040019 by jen_batten, on Flickr

P1040020 by jen_batten, on Flickr
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen do you mind a pic of the inside? Curious how you set up the pockets and how you pack a tote style bag without it being a black hole.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't do the brand name diaper bag thing (although I do have a Grand Central in my van with backup everything, thanks to a great deal from Kelley!) so mine are a lot like Jen's...I have a big open purse with a little inside pocket that I carry everyday and a tote from Target (bought at a thrift store) that I take to church. I transfer my keys and wallet back and forth between the two when I switch. I hate packing and unpacking bags so I don't think I could handle having more; how do you mamas do it?
Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sure! To be honest I'm not packing that much right now. My babies are older than yours.

P2020237 by jen_batten, on Flickr

There is 2 pockets on the outside, they hold my phone and keys. 3 pockets inside--one small one holds chap stick and gum. The other small one holds little notepads and pens because my littles love writing so this is their church entertainment. The bigger pocket holds a little pouch with coupons, membership cards, and the boy's paperwork.

Underneath the layer you can see, there is a gallon ziploc bag. It has a complete spare outfit for Addilyn, a pair of undies and pants for bonus kid 2 just in case. It is very rare that we use this so it's ok that it's under everything. The ziploc can double as a wetbag if needed too, like when I forget to put ours in.

Top layer--1 prefold/cover/wetbag for Addilyn. This is usually all she would need while we are out, and then as you can see there are 2 disposables if we need more. There is plenty of room to pack more stuff in if we need to as well, but this is how I usually go out for regular trips. 1 small pack of wipes--what I have in there right now is one of those little samples with like 10 wipes because I have a few I might as well use up. Normally it's one of the little refillable huggies things. Then my wallet. I do need to replace Addilyn's snack in here, which is usually a cereal bar or a small glad container of cereal or something and I just throw it in on top. It does have the potential for mess if I was hauling a lot or if I throw a lot of random stuff in it while we are out, but so far it's been great. It holds everything we need, stays reasonably organized, and has room to throw in extras as needed.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #7
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
This is all I'm using. It's got all the kids on it, plus since I sewed it the pockets are just right...like the phone pocket fits my phone exactly.

P1040019 by jen_batten, on Flickr

P1040020 by jen_batten, on Flickr

This is adorable

Old 02-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

I was always a fan of big totes. But now I like have my key fobs for other things not only keys, and I love the net pockets in my bags. They keep things out of the way but I can see through them.

I canít seem to pass up a pretty print

I really want a fuel cell next. I think Iíd use it a lot. I love the idea of packing an Ergo in one, that would save space under my stroller because the cell could clip to my stroller. Id also like one for snacks as we live outlining and when we leave for the day I need something to keep juice boxes and water cold.
Also I watched a packing video of a fuel cell packed for a church nursery bag. It had diapers, wipes, stack and juice! I thought that was a cute idea and it could be thrown into my larger church bag instead of taking Morgan a separate small bag.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #9
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Well gee, now I need a Be Charged.

I wish my Skip Hop would sell so it could fund some other things I want.

What Skip Hop are you selling????
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #10
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
What Skip Hop are you selling????
My Duo