Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 06:46 AM   #1
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,666
Almost May Chat!

Good morning ladies! I can't believe you haven't started a new chat thread yet!!

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,666
Re: Almost May Chat!

The weather is finally warm here! At least reasonably so and we haven't had a freeze in a few days. I got some seeds planted finally and am working on hardening off the tomatoes so they can go in the ground soon. My strawberries are starting to flower, the fruit trees all have leaves and a couple of them are working on flowers so I am really excited about that. We aren't expecting fruit this year of course, but I'm glad they seem to be doing well.

We have 2 birthdays within the next 2 weeks. My kids are getting old. :/

As for diaper chatter....we don't have any! I've got a few things left to sell, and still have kids in pullups at night, but no daytime diapers. We aren't entirely ruling out the possibility of another at some point but we aren't exactly planning more at the moment either. Time will tell.

I think I'm going to start a party planning thread but I may put it in sensitive just for a bit more peace of mind. I'm super excited but I don't usually do big group parties and it sounds a wee bit stressful. But lists and planning make everything easier, at least for me.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,666
My Mood:
Re: Almost May Chat!

Morning mamas!

Being out of diapers must be sort of bittersweet. I really need to commit to getting C out of diapers but I keep putting it off...

Today is grocery shopping day. I made a weekly meal plan yesterday and grocery list so we will see how this system works out. I need to figure out what grocery store is going to be best for us. I miss Aldi and my old local store. How does one live without an Aldi?!
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 15,221
Re: Almost May Chat!

Yeah, I've not had a kid in diapers for 9 years and I still sometimes get excited about what new things are out there. It's rather sad, really. lol

Grocery shopping day today. And going through stuff from the storage shed, and sewing more pillowcases. And trying to not kill my youngest daughter, who I get the feeling will be in quite the mood.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,481
Re: Almost May Chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Morning mamas!

Being out of diapers must be sort of bittersweet. I really need to commit to getting C out of diapers but I keep putting it off...

Today is grocery shopping day. I made a weekly meal plan yesterday and grocery list so we will see how this system works out. I need to figure out what grocery store is going to be best for us. I miss Aldi and my old local store. How does one live without an Aldi?!


I hate Aldi

I usually do small town Walmart and Fairway. Fairway is amazing because the take your groceries out of the cart and scan and bag them. They then push your cart to your van and load them Itís a mother of small childrenís dream, lol.

Our small town Walmart doesnít have a full grocery dept. just a few isles. They have several things cheaper and since itís a small town Walmart they have incredible clearance. Our Walgreens is the same. Awesome clearance.

If I drive a few miles more I can get milk for .99. If Iím going that way I try and stop and get 5 or 6. But Only if I have an appointment that direction.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:30 AM   #6
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,666
My Mood:
Re: Almost May Chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
I hate Aldi

I usually do small town Walmart and Fairway. Fairway is amazing because the take your groceries out of the cart and scan and bag them. They then push your cart to your van and load them Itís a mother of small childrenís dream, lol.

Our small town Walmart doesnít have a full grocery dept. just a few isles. They have several things cheaper and since itís a small town Walmart they have incredible clearance. Our Walgreens is the same. Awesome clearance.

If I drive a few miles more I can get milk for .99. If Iím going that way I try and stop and get 5 or 6. But Only if I have an appointment that direction.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really why?? I mainly just got pantry staples there and cereal.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,666
Re: Almost May Chat!

Milk for .99??? What sort of magical fairy land do you live in?? I have only seen milk drop below $3 one time here. And that didn't even last a week.

We shop at Wal-Mart, the local grocery store, and shelters discount grocery. Those are the only options unless I drive an hour away. I try to get all I can at shelters because it saves a bundle, but it's a scratch/dent type place and their selection is pretty limited and variable.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #8
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,666
Re: Almost May Chat!

Double post
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,481
Re: Almost May Chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Yeah, I've not had a kid in diapers for 9 years and I still sometimes get excited about what new things are out there. It's rather sad, really. lol

Grocery shopping day today. And going through stuff from the storage shed, and sewing more pillowcases. And trying to not kill my youngest daughter, who I get the feeling will be in quite the mood.


I have a few totes in the basement I need to go through. But today a absolutely have to clean the kitchen and dining room 🤞 it looks like a tornado went through them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #10
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,666
My Mood:
Re: Almost May Chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Milk for .99??? What sort of magical fairy land do you live in?? I have only seen milk drop below $3 one time here. And that didn't even last a week.

We shop at Wal-Mart, the local grocery store, and shelters discount grocery. Those are the only options unless I drive an hour away. I try to get all I can at shelters because it saves a bundle, but it's a scratch/dent type place and their selection is pretty limited and variable.
Milk was $1.08 when I left SC and here it is $2.98. I am not a happy camper.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.