Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #11
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Fitness Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Oh good for you! Is it any particular program?
No, she is a personal trainer so she just plans her own thing and puts us to work. It's different every day.

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #12
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
This. How do people do all this stuff with kids? We've beem walking 2 miles every morning, and I'm going to try to do this 30 day challenge although jumping with a baby in me is probably going to be unpleasant so I might swap it out for something else. But still, it's something I can do at home with DS. I don't understand how people do intense workouts with kids! My neighbors recently asked me why they never seee out running anymore and I just stared at them. Although DS sits in the stroller for our 2 mi walk, I don't think he'd last long if I were running, plus running is SO much more work with a stroller.

How do you do a gym with kids? What do you do with the kids while you're at the gym?
We would get a membership at a gym with daycare. Weve always had memberships with places with daycare. Although Ive only ever used the daycare services at our previous gyms a hand full of times but I was also pregnant and lazy during our last membership before we canceled it lol.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #13
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never felt like I could do a gym with kids either. My husband is still home (usually sleeping) while I go to my class so it works out for me to go now that Faith is old enough that he can give her a little bit of food if she just can't wait for me to get back.

When I was going in the fall it was to a later class so I would drop my elementary kids off at school and bring the youngest 2 with me, plus a swing for Faith. It worked well sometimes, other times I ended up holding my baby and modifying whatever exercise we were doing. It's a lot easier when the kids can stay home. I have a friend who trades off with her husband--they get up early and one goes at 5 and the other at 6.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #14
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
This. How do people do all this stuff with kids? We've beem walking 2 miles every morning, and I'm going to try to do this 30 day challenge although jumping with a baby in me is probably going to be unpleasant so I might swap it out for something else. But still, it's something I can do at home with DS. I don't understand how people do intense workouts with kids! My neighbors recently asked me why they never seee out running anymore and I just stared at them. Although DS sits in the stroller for our 2 mi walk, I don't think he'd last long if I were running, plus running is SO much more work with a stroller.

How do you do a gym with kids? What do you do with the kids while you're at the gym?

You could join your local YMCA. They have daycare plus you can use the pool when your a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2018, 06:27 PM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

El chorrito- Any mommy and stroller fitness classes? I've seen those out and it looks like they incorporate different workout excercises with cardio.

We loved our Y membership.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #16
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
You could join your local YMCA. They have daycare plus you can use the pool when your a member.

Our 'local' (read drive several miles to get to) Y doesn't have a pool. I wish it did!!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #17
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Our 'local' (read drive several miles to get to) Y doesn't have a pool. I wish it did!!
Never heard of a Y without a pool. Definitely not worth driving there without one.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #18
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post

Hmmm I'll have to look into that. There is a Jewish community center near here that has that, but it's pretty expensive. I might look again though - i think there are a lot of things there we could use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
El chorrito- Any mommy and stroller fitness classes? I've seen those out and it looks like they incorporate different workout excercises with cardio.

We loved our Y membership.
Good idea - I'll look.

Finished day 1 of the sleekgeek challenge. I hate burpees.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
keonli
Registered Users
seller

I've always been too cheap to join a gym. My workouts have always been home based (with many interruptions because of the kids) but I always liked quick, effective workouts. My favorites were Jillian Michael's DVDs and I would put my 2 babies in a double jogger and go to the nearby track by a local school or run along the local bike path. Up until I was injured over a year ago, I was able to get into great shape with just those 2 things and a healthy diet!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #20
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Getting ready to go do day 2 of the Sleek Geek challenge. I modified yesterday's, but should be able to do today's no problem.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote