Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 22+ lb. forward facing with detachable base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat View Post
Hi all, OP here: Message received re: forward vs. rear facing. I'm happy to keep him rear facing.

However....he is still outgrowing his seat (by length). Even with the straps at the highest setting, he is probably just a month or two from being too tall for the Chico key fit 30.

So, at this point, I should revise my request: I'm hoping to find a larger car seat that still has a detachable 'bucket'.
The Britax infant car seat they go up to 35lbs & 32inches & have a detachable bucket.
Link: https://us.britax.com/car-seats/

Advertisement

loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #12
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat View Post
Hi all, OP here: Message received re: forward vs. rear facing. I'm happy to keep him rear facing.

However....he is still outgrowing his seat (by length). Even with the straps at the highest setting, he is probably just a month or two from being too tall for the Chico key fit 30.

So, at this point, I should revise my request: I'm hoping to find a larger car seat that still has a detachable 'bucket'.

Unfortunately, nothing except infant seats have a detachable base. I would just buy a convertible seat for him. Would you like recommendations on what seat would last the longest? What do you drive? There are several options for taller kids.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 AM   #13
erinofgod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to point out a couple of things it's ok if his feet hang over the end of the seat or touch your vehicle seat as long as he meets the requirements of the car seat. Is he shorter than guidelines in the manual?
His straps should be at or below his shoulders for rear facing. If you are worried that the straps don't fit above his shoulders, they aren't supposed to
Also, somewhere in the manual it should tell you how far from the top of the seat his head can be before the seat is out grown for ours it was 1 inch below the shell. All seats have different requirements, so check yours carefully.
I still have my 3yo rear facing comfortably in her graco convertible seat. My 4yo outgrew the seat by weight shorty before his 4th bday and is now forward facing.
Good luck, mama! There are lots of things to check on car seats to ensure proper safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erinofgod is offline   Reply With Quote