Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

6 kids, 4 cars- carseat shopping help

So, I'm wanting to buy new carseats ASAP. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. Try to follow. My car is a buick sedan and there are no space constraints, every carseat I've tried fits three across. Currently I have a britax boulevard clicktight and a titan 65 (evenflo sureride) and a harmony lbb. The harnessed kiddos are 4 and 31lbs, and 4 and 35lbs. Both forward facing. My sister needs two carseats for her car for the harnessed children. I am going to give her my sureride but she needs a second one that'll fit next to it nicely in a smaller hyundai. As inexpensive as possible but being able to pass it down is also a factor. One will be used daily and the other child will only be riding with her maybe twice a month. Since I'm passing down my carseat I need a second one for my car. I don't mind the price, I do like a somewhat nicer one because of the ease of use but I hate the harness to booster ones. I can guarantee I won't use the booster function because I prefer a dedicated booster when we get there. Thinking about another convertible but not sure which one. I like the graco extend2fit. We also need another carseat for the 35lb 4 year old in a ford edge, and that will be the only carseat in that car. Another consideration is that I will most likely be buying a '10 gmc acadia. I will need additional carseats then and would like to start shopping now. The main kiddos will be the two 4 year olds, a 7 and an 8 year old. They are slightly short for their ages and extremely lightweight. Less often I will have a BIG 5 year old and an equally big 7 year old with me. Since the acadia doesn't have middle headrests I was thinking about getting a hbb for the 5 year old and placing him middle third row. Putting the small 7 and the small 8 in the third row outboard with harmony lbbs. Any recs for hbb that will fit in the middle? The big 7 year old will be passenger side middle row and the 4 year olds will be driver's side and middle, second row. With the britax and the new seat we select. HELP! Please

Advertisement

Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 AM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: 6 kids, 4 cars- carseat shopping help

I had trouble following, but an affordable car seat brand that has several style seats is Cosco. I've heard good things about the Graco ExtendtoFit as well. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Sce...Color/41126745
Old 01-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: 6 kids, 4 cars- carseat shopping help

Ok I am thinking I would buy either another SureRide (Amazon always has them for around $75-84. Or, a Harmony Defender. It is a narrow combination seat but it doesn't matter that you can turn it into a booster. Just don't convert it. Use it as a harnessed seat. It is about 17.5 inches wide and there isn't much that is any more narrow. The Harmony DreamTime is a narrow HBB.

I will come back in a bit and re read and see if I have missed anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote