Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #21
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would be your 1 big splurge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
Checked out their website... Less than $3 for unbleached, less than $2 for bleached muslin. I'm making my own!! Curious as to how to finish the edges, I would think zip zag would look messy. This may work as a good fabric for hankies too
I stopped in a Joann today, and they had a ton of unbleached muslin for various prices. The next time I get a coupon, I'm going to go buy a couple of yards. The highest price I saw was 7.99/yard and most of those were really, really wide. The cheapest muslin has to be washed in the delicate cycle and hung to dry. Since my washer doesn't have anything like a delicate cycle, I'll probably get something mid-range. I looked at some Aden & Anais blankets today, too, and for the edges, they just fold it a few times, then straight stitch it. The A&A muslin was different than the muslin at Joann, but both were soft and super lightweight.

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was lucky to get most everything that I need from my sister and some friends at church. I do still have to get a new carseat, my disaster has only a pink one and this MAY be a boy! as for splurging, I kinda did that already on the diapers...

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
I stopped in a Joann today, and they had a ton of unbleached muslin for various prices. The next time I get a coupon, I'm going to go buy a couple of yards. The highest price I saw was 7.99/yard and most of those were really, really wide. The cheapest muslin has to be washed in the delicate cycle and hung to dry. Since my washer doesn't have anything like a delicate cycle, I'll probably get something mid-range. I looked at some Aden & Anais blankets today, too, and for the edges, they just fold it a few times, then straight stitch it. The A&A muslin was different than the muslin at Joann, but both were soft and super lightweight.
My friend has some Aden swaddles she's going to give me

I'm still going to get some muslin yardage as I'd like to use it for belly binding. Just need to figure out how much to get. We have a 'delicate' cycle. But it's just a shorter cycle, there's nothing delicate about it!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

well i think i already did my splurge...i have a custom nb woolie set coming..i am not even cding in the NB stage!! they are just soo cute!! and too the nb wool seems to last longer than just 8 lb.s or so (like the nb size diapers) it seems...we shall see when he gets here!

i also am buying a new swing...the plug in kind..and one that i more "cradle" like...i had more of a toddler style swing...the seat itself could come off and become and rocking chair...it didn't let a baby lay right...imo...i loved it at the older stage...but i had another swing with dd2 (a travel swing) it it cradled her better and there were times that was teh onyl place she would sleep...poor thing had acid reflux soo bad she had to sleep reclined..sooo this time i want a plug in type of swing that also reclines well!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #25
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
If DD had been smaller I would to splurge on NB diapers. She was over 8lbs and would outgrow them within 2 weeks so it would be a bad purchase. But I'd love to get some of that sweet NB fluffy mail.
I bought 2 even though my babes were 8.8 lbs and 10 lbs. I just reallly wanted SOMETHING newborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelgurl137 View Post
My ds loved his jumperoo. It was a lifesaver w his reflux and etc.
This! I found one on super sale on black friday. It was $40 for a $100 one so I just bought it. Yay!

My splurge was a chair. Its one of those comfy gliders but doesn't look like a glider and it has a gliding ottoman. I got it on sale also, just 25% off, but I'm still really excited about it! I think almost everything else is used... I'd love a diaper bag, since I don't have one (my "baby" is almost 4). My last was a splurge on a Petunia Picklebottom one and I loved it, but I don't think I'll spend that this time. I do think they're pretty though!!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This baby needs absolutely NOTHING! But that doesn't stop me from wanting to splurge.

My splurge would be a housekeeper/night nanny. Okay, that's NOT going to happen. So, if it has to be a baby product, then it would be a new Chicco Keyfit 30. I have one that doesn't expire until 2013, but for some reason, I just want a new one. I did buy a True Fit off of Kids woot last week when it was on sale for $99. I love it! It's so pretty (pink). I don't know what gender this baby is so I'm going to swap out my blue/black True Fit that my 2yr old DD uses for the pink one. But the infant insert cushions are so gorgeous, makes me want to use it with an infant.

I am also strongly considering a rock and play, trying to resist because I have every baby product known to mankind. I splurged very early on in my pg for the Britax B-Ready with second seat when they were on sale. I'm not finding out gender to help curtail some of my spending.

Last edited by tryin; 01-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My last pregnancy, I splurged on a nice cradle swing, the Fisher Price Zen. I'd love to get the matching bassinet or high chair. But first I need to buy NB prefolds and covers. If I can do that and have $$ left over, those new Rock n Plays look handy. DH would go for one of those before a bassinet.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am having yarn custom dyed and a NB romper knit. Plus buying 6 new fitteds (3 nb/small & 3 larges for DD1). It's only $124 for all plus shipping so not too bad

I want a new fancy double jogger but that's not happening. I have an old style BOb and 2 carriers so that will have to do Im okay with it because DD1 already walks a lot and I would carry her still if I weren't preggo.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My splurge would be a natural latex mattress with a wool topper & wool mattress cover. Oh & organic cotton sheets & wool pillows too! We co-sleep so it'd totally be for baby!

But my actual splurge (using tax refund $) is a home birth.

Maybe tax refund 2013 will be used for new beds/bedding!
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #30
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy View Post
My splurge would be a natural latex mattress with a wool topper & wool mattress cover. Oh & organic cotton sheets & wool pillows too! We co-sleep so it'd totally be for baby!
I'd love that too! They're so expensive though and I'd be worried that I wouldn't be comfortable on it. I've yet to see them in any bed store, maybe need to find a specialty one?

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote