Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #11
ltwmama
Registered Users

Re: Newborn diaper recommendations

Simplex were my favorite (followed by GMD workhorses). Didn't like grovia so much.

Advertisement

ltwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I liked simplex as well as newborn imagine AIO
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #13
amboo8
Registered Users
seller

I have the old style BG AIO and I love them. I have used them with two of my kids and I rarely have leaks (a few times when I've left them on too long). I'm not sure how they compare to the new Newborn BumGenius, but I'm guessing they'd be pretty similar. I have been using Softbums Echo with bestbottoms inserts with my 10 pound one month old and they work really well (I like the best bottom inserts because they are contoured....although I haven't even tried the SB inserts).
amboo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #14
MelindaLW143
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Muttaquin coverless fitted- This look nice but I would be afraid of wicking...I have found with other brands using hidden PUL I got a lot of leaks though

BG AIO- We liked the NB with aplix, very simple...I love the Old bumgenius elementals...that made up most of my last stash. They were natural fiber so my LO didn't get rashes, but they had to be replaced often. I won't touch the new ones though. I am afraid of PUL coming into contact with skin

Grovias AIO- I liked the concept of these...but hated the actual diaper. The fit was nice, and they didn't leak, but we got the aplix, and it stuck to everything, stuck to the inside of the diaper and tore it up...they may have changed it since then.

Simplex AIO- Have not tried these, but plan on getting some for my NB stash

Lil Joeys AIO- These look cute, and like they would be a great fit, but this time around I am avoiding any unnatural fibers against my babie's skin.

FB X-small- I have a friend that swears by these...but the same thing with the lil joeys...I'm avoiding the unnatural fibers. The last go around I tried everything, and found out that anything unnatural gave my LO HORRIBLE rashes.

Also looking at Softbums OS since they go small enough- I LOVED the fit of these as a newborn, but we had occasional leaks, and even with the bamboo she got rashes because of the fleece lining inside the cover. I never actually got to change just the pod only, the cover always had to be changed too.

This time around I am doing Mother-ease sandys, Moraki cloth AIOs (you must see these!!!! they make AI2 and pockets as well) Pooter's contours with hemp inserts, and BAD2theBUNZ AI2s. I am doing a lot of hemp and organic cotton because they are the most natural fibers, with the least amount of chemical processing.

Last edited by MelindaLW143; 07-05-2014 at 07:50 AM.
MelindaLW143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Kmccain
Registered Users
seller

I loved our thirsties sz 1 AIO. and our BG sz XS.
Kmccain is offline   Reply With Quote