Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Easiest flats to hand wash?

Normally I use bamboo flats because they are a little bigger than our cotton ones and I think they hold more. We are going to a week cottage rental with no laundry and as far as I know, no place to get rid of dirty spouses either. The idea of 8 days of stinky toddler poopy/ammonia diapers disgusts me!

I am bringing some hybrid diapers (Grovia and Flips) with disposable inserts, but think a dozen flats might be good to bring along as well. So...wondering if the cotton ones would wash easier by hand?

Sent from my iPad using diaperswappers.com

Advertisement

Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
vlswager
Registered Users

Re: Easiest flats to hand wash?

Dirty spouses?!?!?! That's hysterical, I hate autocorrect

I have GMD and FST, I took my fst's camping and they were the easiest. In fact getting ready to do it again, but with two this time. They came clean well, but I did do some extra washes when we got home just in case.

I just feel the fst's, while thinner are preferable for that same reason. Easier to clean. Good luck, let us know how that goes, 8 days is way longer than I've ever gone!!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlswager View Post
Dirty spouses?!?!?! That's hysterical, I hate autocorrect

I have GMD and FST, I took my fst's camping and they were the easiest. In fact getting ready to do it again, but with two this time. They came clean well, but I did do some extra washes when we got home just in case.

I just feel the fst's, while thinner are preferable for that same reason. Easier to clean. Good luck, let us know how that goes, 8 days is way longer than I've ever gone!!

Hahaha, oops! I'm sure it will be just as tricky to get rid of dirty spouses though I only have 6 FST I think....or maybe 3! But you're right, I bet those would be easiest. Do you need to prep them much? The ones we have are mainly used for kitchen cloth so I can't remember.

Also, just had toddler ds remove his own cover less flat by taking the boings off!!! Just had to try pinning which I suck at, but it seems to be staying on better now!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
vlswager
Registered Users

Since they're so cheap I'd buy 20 for $20. They prep super easily, you could even do it with your regular kitchen towels/bath towels. Since they're so think I only prepped once or twice I think. Do you normally go coverless? I don't like pinning, can't get it tight enough, but the toddler removing boingo's is a problem. Try pining in the center with only one pin, the origami fold works for that b/c of the extra wing length. BUt I also have a tiny kid so who knows!

Good luck with the dipes and the spouse
Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Easiest flats to hand wash?

Just got 6 more FST. They are about $2 each for the ones I get though they are 27x27 after washing, which is why I like them so much. Do you think 9 is enough if I wash every night? We'll be swimming at least half of most days and probably using sposies at night. So I was thinking 4-5 changes a day....maybe I should get 3 more.