Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #21
HeavenlyHold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: IT'S FRIDAY! Aug 5 Chat

She will either sleep next to me in bed or in the pack n play bassinet right next to me....usually for at LEAST 6 mos, probably longer!

Advertisement

Amber, CWAHM to Kaelin (02-07) Kiley (07-09) and Kamryn (12-11)
Like us on Facebook
HeavenlyHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I refuse to co-sleep this time around. I live in a 4 bedroom house and we all share one bedroom right now. The older boys are moving out when school starts and Kelli needs to move into a corner of the room with her Princess bed. The baby will get a crib in my room and that's it. I'm determined to use this $1000 crib on at least 1 child!!!

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #23
Three Little Monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are moving in 2 weeks so DS and DD will both get their own rooms (they share right now) and we will be putting the crib in our room for baby girl. We do have a 4th bedroom but it is in the basement and I'm not really comfortable putting DS down there for at least a few more years, so baby will probably get moved to DD's room once she starts sleeping through the night. But for my kids that is about 2.5 years!

Not to crunchy...just a little crispy on the edges
Three Little Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just registered DS for school. He is going to a Montessori 5 mornings/week for pre-k. It's pricey, but hopefully it will be worth it. I have done a lot of research on Montessori's and I hope it works out well for him. The best part is, it's about 1/2 mile from our house! SO much better than last year- he was going to school 20 mins away and by the time I got home, it was almost time to go get him
Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aotd:

In a cradle beside our bed for the first few months. We have only 3 bedrooms, DS 1 and 2 share and I will have to clean out what is now the "spare" room. Not a lot of storage space here. I actually was surprised how well Timothy slept through Joel waking up at night after we moved them together. They adapt very well...he'd sleep right through crying.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #26
IJWMEW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just moved my 2 year old DD into my 4 year old DS' room. They've been sharing well for a couple weeks now, but the transition took awhile. The baby will sleep next to me in a co-sleeper/bassinet until he sleeps through the night, & then he will sleep in his own bedroom in a crib until he is old enough for a toddler bed.
IJWMEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
CheapskateKate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH had his phone interview this morning. He feels that it went well, so now we wait until we hear back from the recruiter. I hate the waiting.

My dad came and picked up DS today and they went on an outing. They got lunch and went to the mall and to some gun stores. It seriously made Ds's day. While they were gone DD slept and DH went to the library, so I ironed about 15 dress shirts before DD woke up. It really needed to be done. I still have DHs pants to go and then the kids clothes. I haven't ironed in a while. Now to come up with a winning idea for dinner....ugh! Not feeling cooking tonight.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 08-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #28
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is hot, but it's also supposed to storm all week thanks to Emily. So it should be a bit cooler.
Sundial Restaurant for dinner tomorrow night. Aquarium Sunday, Medieval Times Thursday night and the Coca Cola place thrown in there too!
Also Hard Rock Cafe is right across the street so there's dinner. And there's a mall about a mile away so I can take a day there and chill while he's working! Should be lots of fun!
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #29
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceM
Baby will sleep in our room next to the bed in a bassinet, sometimes with us, and then I think we may move the crib in.
Same with us!! We will have a bassinet for the first few mos. We co-sleep with DS5 about 75% of the time but part of us switching rooms is transitioning him to his own bed. He's 5.5 for crying out loud and a big one at that! LOL as much as I love it we don't really want another 5 yrs. of it! Haha!

Well I haven't read everything but we're at dinner and I'm just catching up. We went to the water park today. I loved sitting in a lounge chair in the wave pool! LOL The only bummer was when someone elbowed me in the lazy river, right in my belly. It was instinct to just say "hey!" and she turned around and I said "that was my pregnant belly you just elbowed"... And she said "oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" LOL I just couldn't NOT say something. Haha. She looked petrified. I just said "just be careful please" because I can't imagine if it was a) a bigger belly, b) a guy c) a bigger adult woman, etc. Having our family BBQ tomorrow and heading home
in the evening. May stop by my best friend's house on our way home. It's not really on the way but we could detour and it would take longer. I haven't seen her in awhile and not since I've been pregnant!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #30
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The crib will be side carred to our bed. He'll be there until 1-2 years old and then moved to his own room.

ISO: GMD workhorse fitteds, Lil Joey, thirsties or similar quality girly newborn AIO, swaddelbees simplex, thirsties duo covers
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote