Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #121
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Happy Homemakers -- January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Very true!

That's us too. I see all these ladies say they mop or vacuum daily or every other day... ours gets done when we have company. Seriously. Only when we're expecting company. (We don't have carpets... just hardwood)
In winter our house needs it. The dog tracks in mud, the hubby tracks in mud, it just gets gross. In summer I rarely mop, even though we're in and out a TON more, the outdoors tends to *stay* outdoors.

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #122
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I mop every week (or I try to.. I really hate mopping) but the carpets could use vacuumed two or three times a week. We have a cat but I'm the real problem. I shed so terribly bad, it's just gross. But I'm worse about vacuuming than I am mopping. I make excuses everyday for why I can't do it, then company is coming over and I have no choice.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #123
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hi all, can I join you? I'm Katie, a sahm that struggles with housework and needs the accountability of a wonderful group like this. As far as floors go, we recently replaced our carpet in the main living area with hardwood laminate but still have carpet in the bedrooms. I am trying hard to keep the floors clean but like a previous poster said, it is winter here and that = lots of salty slush getting trudged in. Trying to keep up with a weekly deep clean and a swiffer mop by the doors daily or sometimes 2-3x daily. And did I mention I have overwhelming OCD? That means I have the ocd thoughts but it is hard to get started or keep up.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #124
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Saturday morning:
Meat pulled from freezer for tonight's dinner.
DW emptied.
Pots/pans that were in drying rack put away.
1 load laundry started.
Printed a small handful of coupons for my trip to BJ's this afternoon.

Update at 1pm:
Laundry --> dryer.
Diapers in washer.
DW loaded after lunch, running now.
Kids closet quickly sorted through... got rid of a few things, and sorted into "too big" and "too small" so I have an idea of what they actually have that fits now.

Off to Target to make baby registry!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 01-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #125
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
Hi all, can I join you? I'm Katie, a sahm that struggles with housework and needs the accountability of a wonderful group like this. As far as floors go, we recently replaced our carpet in the main living area with hardwood laminate but still have carpet in the bedrooms. I am trying hard to keep the floors clean but like a previous poster said, it is winter here and that = lots of salty slush getting trudged in. Trying to keep up with a weekly deep clean and a swiffer mop by the doors daily or sometimes 2-3x daily. And did I mention I have overwhelming OCD? That means I have the ocd thoughts but it is hard to get started or keep up.
I'm the same way Katie, I get extremely overwhelmed and frustrated when it comes to the cleaning because of OCD. The misconception about OCD people and clean houses needs to die a fiery death.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #126
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I'm the same way Katie, I get extremely overwhelmed and frustrated when it comes to the cleaning because of OCD. The misconception about OCD people and clean houses needs to die a fiery death.
i agree completely. I am sitting here right now thinking about how i asked DP to sweep and steam mop exactly 45 minutes ago and it still isn't done. In that time ive gotten up from my desk, made a tea, did a handful of dishes, scrubbed the counters, stove top & wiped down the items i purged yesterday & plan to swap.
I have to keep myself busy to stop myself from doing whatever it is i have been thinking about.

I need to do a load of laundry & steam mop the kitchen floor yet today.

This thread gives me the motivation to get stuff accomplished.
Yesterday i went through my kitchen cupboards. I cleaned, purged and found some thing to swap. I feel a bit better now.
justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #127
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I purged a few things from our medicine cabinet while I was brushing my teeth. Vitamin c that expired in 2010, nasal spray from when I was pregnant (.. why did I even keep that? I hate me sometimes.), and a container of Tums with exactly two tablets left in it.. And the only time in my life I've ever had heartburn was when I was pregnant.

I've got diapers in the wash and as soon as DS gets up I'm stripping his crib and our bed to bleach.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #128
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I haven't done crap today. :/ I made dinner (chili dogs) and have yet to clean up that mess. We were supposed to go to Aunt's house, but I don't know that it's happening now. I have worked, so that's productive, especially because deadline is in less than 48 hours. But, cleaning? Nope. Got a LOT of stuff to do tomorrow - laundry and such. Hopefully my list of "Things I did today" tomorrow, will be SUPER long!!!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #129
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
dh asked me not to strip the beds because he wants to take a nap.

I hate being sick! DS is as sick as me now, hardly slept last night, and we all just need to take it easy but every day I don't do any deep cleaning I feel like I'm losing ground and losing momentum.

I'm also really worried about all of us adjusting next week when dh starts working two jobs and is working first shift for the first time in baby's life.

How do you keep from going stir crazy when you're sick?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #130
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post

YES, THAT MYTH DOES NEED TO DIE A FIERY DEATH! My friends that know of my ocd, naturally assume my house is always spotless....soooo not the case at all! Thanks for validatig my feelings and welcoming me here!

Last edited by Dayzee1081; 01-05-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote