Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy soon after C-section.

Any one here conceived 3 months after C-section? DH and I are thinking we are going to start TTC at 3 months PP after full term loss. My OB is ok with us trying at 3 months PP. I go back to see her in a couple of week and she said we would go over it all then. I am wondering if any of you mamas have done it and/or have any advice on what to expect. I have a bikini incision. We do not want to wait to start trying again. I also posted this in the TTC forum. I just found this one, so I decide to post here too.

Advertisement

Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pregnancy soon after C-section.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a crash c-section at 27 weeks with my first baby and she died shortly after she was born. My doc wanted me to wait 9 months to start trying again because he liked to see at least 18 months between a c-section and a VBAC. TBH, he wanted me to wait an entire year to be sure that I was emotionally ready for another pregnancy. We couldn't wait that long, though.

DD1 was born April 30th and we started trying in September. I got pregnant in November and had a very early miscarriage. It was incredibly traumatic for me because I was still grieving for DD1.

I got pregnant with DS1 in February and he was born at 36 weeks in October, just shy of 18 months after DD1 was born. In hindsight I was glad there was that much spacing between them because it gave me time to separate her birth from his. He deserved that and I'm not sure I could have done that much sooner. He also had a 3 week NICU stay at the same hospital where DD had died, which was challenging, and I needed all of my emotional reserves to get through it.

Be gentle with yourself right now. Those first months are very hard, heck even 11 years later it's hard sometimes. I hope that your journey to bringing home another little one will be an easy one. ((hugs))
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:
I'm so sorry for your loss

I got pregnant a year (to the day! Lol) after my section. Are you planning a VBAC. Where I work most OBs won't allow a VBAC with less than 15-18 months (depending on OB) between deliveries.

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Knjgarretson
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy soon after C-section.

So sorry for your loss I was pregnant 5 weeks post partum... My doc says vbac is my choice. If your body feels ready, I say go for it! I had a great recovery so this pregnancy seems to be just fine!
Knjgarretson is offline   Reply With Quote