Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
mommyegon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Going from 1 LO and stopping at 2 LOs... What's it like??

Any mamas here who recently went from one to two children and decided two is perfect for your family...??

How was the transition from one to two LOs?? ...if they are about 2-3 years apart??

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
multigrain
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going from 1 LO and stopping at 2 LOs... What's it like??

Right here! I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 3 month old son. They are 27 months apart. I always wanted 3 children but after having #2 we decided we are done. It's definitely been a tough transition for my daughter. We are finally getting into a groove now but it's constant motion around here. I just can't see doing it a 3rd time.

I will say a lot of the difficulty may be from our new parenting style. We are the crunchy, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding type and my daughter was used to a lot of attention. She still wakes up during the night often and is a light sleeper so she hears every time the baby wakes. She also has not mastered the concept of waiting. I also miss sleep terribly!
multigrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
mommyegon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by multigrain View Post
Right here! I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 3 month old son. They are 27 months apart. I always wanted 3 children but after having #2 we decided we are done. It's definitely been a tough transition for my daughter. We are finally getting into a groove now but it's constant motion around here. I just can't see doing it a 3rd time.

I will say a lot of the difficulty may be from our new parenting style. We are the crunchy, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding type and my daughter was used to a lot of attention. She still wakes up during the night often and is a light sleeper so she hears every time the baby wakes. She also has not mastered the concept of waiting. I also miss sleep terribly!

This is awesome! We parent like you! Bed sharing and extended BFing... I am worried about bed sharing and being pregnant/with newborn. My DD has been my one and only and I am kinda sad to let that go... But I feel like she should have a sibling.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
multigrain
Registered Users
seller

For me, pregnancy and bedsharing was fine. But I had this blissful idea in my head that it would work out with a newborn. It was way too hard to keep the baby quiet. I moved back into bed with him when he turned 3 months. Now it's usually fine. I felt the same way about having #2 and I don't know yet if the spacing was good but it has been tough on DD and she is getting into more inappropriate behavior. It took about 2 months to figure out a way to give her more attention and it's getting better. I do miss the way it was when I could give her my full attention and I feel like I don't have that same closeness to her which breaks my heart. I hope that these two are best buddies one day and it is all worth it.

Hopefully this isn't too depressing! I will say that the second time around has been so much more relaxed and pleasant. I don't worry about every little thing and I love that I don't have to watch the clock or guess because I've been through it before. And when DD wakes up in the morning and we are already out of bed she kisses the baby and says "I missed you!" Those interactions are what keep me going.
multigrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

After our second was born, we just left it open as far as having more. We did not say definitely yes or no. We were actively TTA. When the second one was 4 we decided that our two girls were plenty for us and that our family was complete. In a month or so, I turned up pregnant with the third! (Yes, while actively and responsibly TTA!)

The transition from one to two for us was fine, much better than from zero to one. I did wean my first daughter when I was five months pregnant with the second but she did not move out of the bed with us. We got a bigger bed.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
Gymnbomb
Registered Users

Watching this now. We have 1 and are planning to try for a second next summer which would put then just over 3 years apart. We are sure we don't want 3 though. 2 is already a stretch for us in some ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gymnbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
lesslikemath
Registered Users
seller

I'm scared this is going to happen to me!
lesslikemath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #8
kdailey0901
Registered Users
seller

I went from 1 to 3 to 5. We were sort of trying for baby #2 and got baby #2 and #3. Then had a slip up and ended up with baby #4 and #5. Not to scare you or anything.
kdailey0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #9
cgrosec
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went from one to two kids 20 months ago. After I had #2, I was good for a while, but once she got past baby phase, I was ready for another one... I think it all depends on if you feel like your family is complete or not. If it is, thats awesome! Celebrate that!
cgrosec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #10
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What did you decide? Haven't seen you post for a while
Powersmom is offline   Reply With Quote