Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:
Am I the only one who's WTTC?

I can't seem to find a thread or board for people waiting to try to conceive (WTTC) so I will start a thread.

I am WTTC because I am trying to lose weight (13 pounds down, 5 more to go!) and the hubs and I are trying to get our finances in order. We also hope to be able to do some genetic testing either before or during the TTC phase if we can afford to do so. Several doctors have recommended genetic testing because of my Aspergers, even though I am personally OK with the idea of raising a child who's on the autism spectrum. It would be just good to know if there are any possible issues that might affect our ability to have children.

If you are WTTC, what are your reasons for doing so? (if you're willing to share, that is)

Advertisement

HollyNightbonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: Am I the only one who's WTTC?

There used to be many threads on here, like NTNP, TTC while breast feeding, TTC after loss etc. but things have really slowed down. Maybe if you posted a thread like this directly into the TTC forum you'd get someone people to join?

I guess I'm WTTC, since my baby is only 3 months and I'm exclusively bf. We're not 100% sure if we want another yet (since we have 3) but may go for a 4th eventually.

So this would be your first?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TinyJoys* View Post
There used to be many threads on here, like NTNP, TTC while breast feeding, TTC after loss etc. but things have really slowed down. Maybe if you posted a thread like this directly into the TTC forum you'd get someone people to join?

I guess I'm WTTC, since my baby is only 3 months and I'm exclusively bf. We're not 100% sure if we want another yet (since we have 3) but may go for a 4th eventually.

So this would be your first?
Yes, it will be our first, God willing!

The current plan is to start as early as January 2016. We were going to start right after our wedding last year, but life just got in the way, unfortunately. That said, I would really really love to at least have my first child before I turn 30. (I'm 25 going on 26. Tick tock, tick tock . . . )
Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
Stouffers3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Me. Had my 4th in April and he's only 7 months. We want another but I don't want to interfere with breastfeeding so we will wait until he's at least 1.
Bruce (12/09, born at 33 weeks), MC 01/14 Missing my Angel
Oliver (04/01/15 our Rainbow )
MTHFR, Fibromyalgia
Stouffers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:13 AM   #5
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stouffers3 View Post
Me. Had my 4th in April and he's only 7 months. We want another but I don't want to interfere with breastfeeding so we will wait until he's at least 1.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #6
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Waiting until after our wedding, does that count?
Old 04-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
Waiting until after our wedding, does that count?
Yes, it counts. But I don't have any children yet.
Interested in
Old 04-23-2016, 02:16 AM   #8
ajaynak
Registered Users
seller

I think I'm waiting I would love more babies but pregnancy was so hard and the birth/recovery just as bad. I'm scared of more just yet. Our daughter is 6 months and I'd prefer to nurse until 2 if I can so I would like to wait at least another 10 months before another pregnancy. I don't have an idea of my fertility pp so I'm really interested in learning Creighton to avoid pregnancy. I asked some friends and they really recommended TCOYF at least. If I can I would also like to start eating healthier and do some gentle cleansing before growing a baby and hopefully the nausea,vomiting, sensitivity and anxiety will be so much better next time. How's your weight loss going? Are you using something like Creighton to track your fertility?
ajaynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #9
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynak View Post
I think I'm waiting I would love more babies but pregnancy was so hard and the birth/recovery just as bad. I'm scared of more just yet. Our daughter is 6 months and I'd prefer to nurse until 2 if I can so I would like to wait at least another 10 months before another pregnancy. I don't have an idea of my fertility pp so I'm really interested in learning Creighton to avoid pregnancy. I asked some friends and they really recommended TCOYF at least. If I can I would also like to start eating healthier and do some gentle cleansing before growing a baby and hopefully the nausea,vomiting, sensitivity and anxiety will be so much better next time. How's your weight loss going? Are you using something like Creighton to track your fertility?
I did get down to my goal. Unfortunately, I've gained 6 pounds back (and beating myself up for it) so I'm trying to get back on track and maybe go down a little lower than my original goal weight. I'm working on upping my cardio and snacking less.

As for fertility, we are doing Fertility Awareness. I use a calendar to keep track of my periods, and that also gives me a good idea of when I'm about to ovulate. We still use a diaphragm/spermicide/condoms, but only during my fertile time and we're not trying to be super careful about it either. After I've ovulated, we just don't use any birth control. So I guess you could say we're technically half-NTNP/half-TTA, if that makes sense. We want to wait until I've met my deductible, but realistically it might be at least around our second wedding anniversary before we can feasibly start to TTC. We also have thought up of a new plan to manage our finances, and I have faith that in the long run it's probably going to work out just fine.
Interested in
Old 04-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #10
ZenMamaBear
Registered Users

Some days I am dying to have another and some days I can wait! My kiddo is 18 months and he has a medical condition that has us waiting. My husband also wants to do an MBA so we want to wait on that. I hate that we are going to space them so far apart but can't come up with a better solution.

Every time I see a newborn I am dying for another. I miss the baby snuggles.
ZenMamaBear is offline   Reply With Quote