Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you handle your recyclables?

Our city has curbside recycling, so we have a trash bin for trash, and one for recycling.

We don't have to separate anything, it just all goes in the bin. We don't even have to rinse or dry anything out!! I usually do what I can, but since it isn't required, I don't fuss with it too much. They don't accept glass, so we usually recycle that on our own.

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #12
movingsouth
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonite View Post
Our city has curbside recycling, so we have a trash bin for trash, and one for recycling.

We don't have to separate anything, it just all goes in the bin. We don't even have to rinse or dry anything out!! I usually do what I can, but since it isn't required, I don't fuss with it too much. They don't accept glass, so we usually recycle that on our own.
same here - except glass too. I don't rinse anything - just have two containers under the kitchen sink, one for trash, one for recyc. empty to outside when full. Pay attention - things like styrofoam-y egg containers are recycleable too! At least in our program
movingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have curbside recycling that is picked up weekly. We are supposed to rinse everything, not include milk jug lids, put newspapers bundled together, etc. nobody does.

Cardboard is broken down & we place that under our blue box(otherwise it tends to fly around the neighborhood). We put the newspapers in the bottom of the blue box(same reason as the cardboard), then everything else on top. They seperate when they pick it up.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
cornelia9805
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I grew up in California with recycling as long as I can remember. I didn't even know not every city did this till I lived in Washinton state. I feel blessed to have a bin where we can toss everything that is recyclable. There is not a lot of things that I love about California, but this definitely is one of them.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #15
lemieuxcrew
Registered Users
seller

my city only has 1 private recycling company. and they only do 2 numbers of plastic and paper. so you pay out of pocket to recycle. the community here is almost hostile to recycling. like ive truly made someone angry talking about it.... how ignorant.
lemieuxcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #16
abh5e8
Registered Users

We had curbside recycling add long as I can remember... Even add I kid growing up. Note we live in the county, so we have to take our to a local facility. I keep a black trash bag in the garage for all metal, glass, plastic, cans. I ruined quickly or run through the dishwasher, v then put at the top of the bag. They dry fast in the garage. It's never been a problem. Catenaries and paper goes in a big plastic box on the front hall closet until it's full. Then we drop off. Thankfully the drop of is right by our house, v so pretty much on the way to everything.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #17
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I honestly never thought to dry my recycling. Oops.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote