Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
Nariah01
Registered Users

My Mood:
Diapering older children/toddlers

For those of you who have diapered one or more older children/toddlers, I have a few questions for you. Do you kids ever complain about wearing cloth because of comfort or bulk? Or do your children ever not want to wear cloth?

I am curious because I have cloth diapered my DS since birth but recently took like 6 months off due to being pregnant and just not wanting to deal with cloth diapers for a while. However I've spent around $380 on my whole stash and just in the short time he was in disposables, even bargain prices I was kind of shocked about the price. And with this new little one coming we can't afford to in disposables, and since I already have most of what I need for two in diapers I am going back to cloth again.

My DS is almost two, and after being in super thin disposables for 6 months I just worry about him not wanting to be back in cloth. Even when I get them fairly trim they never compare to disposables, and I know they probably never will. So do kids really prefer one over the other once they get to that age, or this just my crazy hormone riddled prego brain making me paranoid about nothing?

Advertisement

Nariah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diapering older children/toddlers

When I only had DS, I used cloth at home and disposables when we went out (mostly because I was afraid of leaks, etc.). However, now that I have 2 in diapers, it is just way to expensive for me to keep buying disposables. I have a few really "cheap" disposables that I've used in an emergency and DS hates them. I've always avoided getting the "cute" disposables such as Thomas the Train, etc. because I figured they would defeat the purpose of potty training. My thought was "Why PT when you can wear a cute Thomas the Train disposable?" Since he knows that all I have is a few cheap disposables, he actually prefers cloth to the disposables.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My niece is 5 and wets the bed. Yes she does complain but I don't give her a choice. Every time I have her in sposies she leaks.

My son is 4 and just potty training. He hasn't complained about night time bulk. He hasn't worn more than 2-3 sposies since he was a nb though. To him the bulk is normal.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say its possible but I would just try and see what he thinks. No cloth diaper, even with stay dry, is as dry as a sposie -- I could see that coming up.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Nariah01
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the replies ladies. So far he has spent half of yesterday in cloth and is in cloth again today. He doesn't seem to be upset or more uncomfortable. I can tell it is a bit tougher for him to walk and run normally because it is an adjustment in the width of the diaper. Hes thankfully never really complained about wetness unless the diaper is completely soaked, and it never really gets to that level as I change him regularly.

I guess we will just wait and see.
Nariah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #6
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Mine don't seem to notice the bulk going back and forth between cloth and disposables. The only thing my DS seems to find annoying is if the lower teeth of the snappi are right over his penis. He hates that.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote