Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
cfarmfolks
Registered Users

Re: Trying CD again, help me decide what I want?

Yes, when it comes down to it, I think I just need one type and use that, the idea of an AIO or snap in appeals to me for ease of someone else diapering and helping with laundry and I feel like the snap in gets,clean more like a flat?
I just know right now I've got a laundry basket full of inserts, flats, pockets, covers and AIO, and a best bottom.s snap insert. Its the sorting and folding, figuring out what to stuff in what diaper that really bugs me. Impatient and lazy, probably: ) I just already do at least one usually two loads of laundry a day already and I need simple.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

cfarmfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarmfolks View Post
I like the idea of snap in inserts, easier than folding flats, DH and DD might help with those/use those. The best bottoms just sort of shifted around and there was a lot of not leaking necessarily but wet spots on the sides where there was nothing but cover against him?

I liked grovia snap ins back in the day, but were too pricey. I made my own system buy sewing flats with stay dry and addin snaps, both to the flat and the covers I wanted because I didn't like any of my options.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #13
cfarmfolks
Registered Users

I'm thinking I like the thirsties prefolds, and my geffen flats, in covers or maybe some of my pockets as covers?
I like how trim the thirsties are, they seem to do ok on their own?
I like the soft, trim jersey, it absorbs a lot without bulk?
The Flip cover I have is way too wide in the crotch for him.
From what I've read, would weehuggers, capris, or thirsties duos be good for a thinner taller baby? I prefer sized vs the one size, the snaps and rise seem to always bunch up and add bulk?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #14
holocene
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarmfolks
I'm thinking I like the thirsties prefolds, and my geffen flats, in covers or maybe some of my pockets as covers? I like how trim the thirsties are, they seem to do ok on their own? I like the soft, trim jersey, it absorbs a lot without bulk? The Flip cover I have is way too wide in the crotch for him. From what I've read, would weehuggers, capris, or thirsties duos be good for a thinner taller baby? I prefer sized vs the one size, the snaps and rise seem to always bunch up and add bulk? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Capris will be similar width. For a tall, slender baby, Grovia shells may be a great option. They have a high rise and are significantly trimmer through the crotch. However, they do have rise snaps. I've used them in the past with thirsties prefolds and it was a nice, trim combination.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
cfarmfolks
Registered Users

Thanks! I've got a grovia shell, think I'll have to play around with it to get a good fit, not used to side snaps I like how trim it is but me not used to side snaps and him doing a roll while trying to change him often means a wonky fit

Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

The grovia cover is used with there snap in inserts in a front snap / aplix. Those are known for being trim - personally I would have said too trim for trifolding/padfolding but i read about people doing it all the time. Not sure about the side snap AIO that you have. Size 2 capris and thirsties are both on the wide side and fit larger than there lower weight would suggest. (thristes duo sz1 are great though).

Thristies sized not as sure about they are known to be a fit for around fitteds or attached prefolds/fats I never had one bigger than a small. Since you like aplix and sized you can look into bummis, they recently went out of business but you might be able to find them around on clearance still. They are one of my favorites, I used them for trifolding prefolds with my son.

Have you tried the flip? I have a very trim/slim little girl and the flips/BGs fit well on her. I don't really understand it but I imagine its the lack of a double gusset. We try to do wool but when we can't she is usually in a flip or a bummis cover with a sewn into an insert padfold flat or a diaper safari trifold insert. they both fit her great, course the med bummis is trimmer through the middle.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 08-25-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #17
cfarmfolks
Registered Users

That's so interesting! I tried a bummis when he was smaller, and it was too big overall, seemed baggy even though it was the "right size". Yeah I have a Flip I want to like but I can't seem to get a good fit on it? When I snap the rose to reduce the sagging in the crotch it comes too low in front and I feel like he might leak out the top? But that's my problem with most any diaper, I haven't figured out how to get a good fit .
The only ones that seem to fit pretty easy are the Nana bottoms AIO aplix I have and my Bottombumpers, also aplix and sized.
Maybe I need to search around for a fit troubleshooting thread