Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Favorite wet bag?

Help! I've previously had terrible luck with wet bags for the diaper bag and need suggestions for this baby about what to get. I've previously used Planetwise, which leaked terribly, and Alva, which the zippers broke after just a short time but were cheap. I have a Blueberry wet bag already but would like to get 1-2 more with a medium capacity. What's your favorite?

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
amandagage
Registered Users

Re: Favorite wet bag?

If you want something that will last forever, go with monkey foot designs. They are pricey, but leagues beyond everyone else when it comes to material and craftsmanship. We have used wetbags for our laundry "bin" from the beginning, and I have two options: shell out some hefty change for MFD wetbags or go with a person I found on hyena cart who will make large capacity for $18 (fabric of my choosing). I can either have a bag forever or buy the second option twice. That's what I've found that works for me.
I hope you settle into something perfect for y'all really easily!
amandagage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My goto in the diaper bag is a thirsties one. I have a planetwise large bag that I got at a baby shower 6 years ago that is my goto for out of the house trips (it doesn't get used otherwise). I like the thirsites, I prefer wet bags that are one layer of PUL, versus having a cotton outer -- I find the cotton outer annoying especially with washing and drying.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to recommend either PW-I love their wet/dry bags and they've held up very well or Blueberrys. The Blueberry laundry bags have also held up very well. I know Thirsties came out with a wetbag recently.

I do have some RAR bags now, but won't use them until baby comes this winter.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
phaeacrede
Registered Users
seller

I love my Wet Happens zippered wet bag. Not super huge but good for a few hours out.
phaeacrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the fuzzibunz totes, even though it seems they are discontinued now. There are still some at Nicki's. But they have no cloth part, which is great for line drying
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote