Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #11
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Still have stinky diapers even after stripping! Help!

Another suggestion; try using something other than microfiber. That material is notorious for stink problems!

Advertisement

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
kaycox90
Registered Users

Thank you everyone! I didn't know microfiber is terrible with stink. I might just have to get new inserts, a lot of them are stained and sunning them hasn't been able to take it out. It's all starting to click. Lol. Different detergent is probably the way to go. I have tide free and clear. I've used it before on my diapers before I switched to country save cuz I thought it didn't work but maybe I wasn't using enough? I also have sun detergent that we use for clothes could I use that for diapers? I've heard never to use all of these detergents with fragrance and "harsh" chemicals. But obviously I was wrong before. Lol
kaycox90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #13
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

I had a very similar problem to yours. I had a great wash routine, turns out it was my detergent. I tried Purex F&C, Tide F&G, and EcoSprout. I wanted to avoid scented detergents because scents sometimes irritate me. Finally I tried regular scented Tide and it worked. Now that I found something that works, I am more brave about looking for a less scented detergent in the future. At least I can go back to Tide if the stinkies come back!
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #14
ICU81MI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You could try biokleen bac-out. I spray it on the diapers before putting them in the wet pail. I've also hear rockin green makes an ammonia out detergent.
ICU81MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I tried country save, I thought it would work for us because we had soft water. But the amount had to use to get rid of the stink left behind too many suds with 1 extra rinse which is what I look for. Biokleen powder didn't work for us either, though I have had luck with biokleen liquid with a top loader and harder water. I didn't want to use the biokleen plus because it has the oxygen bleach it. I'd rather add it in when I want.

For diaper I currently use bum genius detergent, it has been working great for over a year. I also have used rocking green successfully - though people often have trouble with it.

Since it did work for you for 6 months you may be able to figure out the amt that works for you. But honestly if you had no issues using Tide it would probably be an easy solution.

I use to use MF regularly in a nighttime diaper (cause we used BG Pockets). I "wet pailed" just the nighttime diaper inserts in a small container with bacout solved our stink issues that were just occurring with those inserts.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 08-25-2015 at 05:43 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:18 AM   #16
ICU81MI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wanted to try rockin green. I know our water is not hard but did you test your water or go by the rockin green map? It's very difficult to look at but I think I'm classic or soft rock.
ICU81MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #17
kaycox90
Registered Users

I had hard water in Idaho. And my other CDing friends used country save and said they've liked it. Now that we live in WA I'm not sure if our water is hard or soft. I don't know how to test. But I think country save just wasn't cutting it. This load I did today I used All free and clear (just leftover detergent) with some bleach. They smelled better. I'll have to put her in one and see if she stinks after a big pee.
kaycox90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU81MI View Post
I wanted to try rockin green. I know our water is not hard but did you test your water or go by the rockin green map? It's very difficult to look at but I think I'm classic or soft rock.
I didn't test it. I have water softened water and I just assumed soft rock.

I just glanced at the map, it looks like it says southern NH was soft rock which I say shenanigans too. Water in my area is hard.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 08-27-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote