Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Headache and fever in my 5 year old, what could it be?

It started the middle of Nov of '11. It comes at different times at night. The first time she cried with a headache and ran a 99.5 temp. The second time was in Dec. of '11, she cried again with a headache and ran a 100.3 temp. Then again last night she woke up screaming and crying with a headache and a 101.0 temp. I am worried. I am taking her to the Dr at 11 today.

The nights it happens I can tell she isn't feeling well before she goes to bed cause she will just lay around and all evening and say how tired she is and she wont eat dinner. Then she goes to bed and it will happen at different times at night. I don't remember the times, but I know they are at or before midnight.

I give her Tylonal and her fever will finally break and the headache will go away and she will sleep and wake up fine in the morning.

The pain she says is in her forehead area. Any ideas momma's?

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Headache and fever in my 5 year old, what could it be?

I have no clue.

Hope the doctor can find an answer for you.

If not, you might consider looking for a Nutrition Response Therapist in your area. I always take my sick kiddos to my chiropractor (who does NRT) when they are sick.

Good luck, hope B feels better soon!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
ferfer
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 7 year old gets frequent headaches, sometimes accompanied by fever...I have always been paranoid that she will develop migraines since it runs in my family, but her headaches have always been the forehead as well, which signal sinus headaches. HTH and hope she is ok!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferfer View Post
My 7 year old gets frequent headaches, sometimes accompanied by fever...I have always been paranoid that she will develop migraines since it runs in my family, but her headaches have always been the forehead as well, which signal sinus headaches. HTH and hope she is ok!
Yeah, I was thinking maybe allergy related. I do have a friend whose son gets migraines, but since we are an allergy family that is what comes to mind first. Post nasal drip can cause loss of appetite and upset stomach. And although not everybody gets them- hot flashes can be caused by allergies. Does she ever say her face feels funny? Or like its crawling? Sounds weird I know but that is the only way to describe it.