Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Arisce
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Braxton Hicks

With my first, I had them from 8 weeks on. This time I had "period" cramps that never went away. In the last 2ish weeks I'm feeling.. strange. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's almost like an aura before a BH hits. It's like I lose my breath for a half a second and then have a hormone rush or something, then I get the BH, which are more... uncomfortable than last time. Does this happen to anyone else??

Advertisement

Arisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ummmm kinda not really. I get the out of breath part before and during but not the rush of hormones. I've never heard that before.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Braxton Hicks

I feel "off" before mine start. I guess that could be the hormones.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine are intense I do get quessy and light headed .It kinda reminds me of pain med cloud but with out the enjoyable relaxing part.

Last edited by BLargy; 04-20-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: darn you auto correct....darn you
BLargy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDC - I know exactly what you're talking about! I know I'm about to have a contraction before it even starts. My heart starts beating faster for the few seconds before it starts, too.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Arisce
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh good. I'm not completely insane! lol It IS like the pain meds but without the good parts. I'm only 22(almost) weeks, due the very last day in August. And my mom lost her first baby at 24 weeks, managed to carry me til 41, then my sister was born at 35 weeks after a LOT of bedrest and PTL. Since i'm living with her she gets these worried looks and that makes ME worried a little. Not much, since this is baby # 2 and with DD I had BH from 8 weeks and some other... possible PTL signs that I refused to acknowledge(I was afraid I'd get risked out of home birth and have to deliver in a hospital even if I ended up going to 40+ weeks). heh I figure if I'm not bleeding, or losing gobs of my mucus plug and the baby is moving then everything is probably okay. I just didn't have the aura with DD.
Arisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisce View Post
Oh good. I'm not completely insane! lol It IS like the pain meds but without the good parts. I'm only 22(almost) weeks, due the very last day in August. And my mom lost her first baby at 24 weeks, managed to carry me til 41, then my sister was born at 35 weeks after a LOT of bedrest and PTL. Since i'm living with her she gets these worried looks and that makes ME worried a little. Not much, since this is baby # 2 and with DD I had BH from 8 weeks and some other... possible PTL signs that I refused to acknowledge(I was afraid I'd get risked out of home birth and have to deliver in a hospital even if I ended up going to 40+ weeks). heh I figure if I'm not bleeding, or losing gobs of my mucus plug and the baby is moving then everything is probably okay. I just didn't have the aura with DD.
No worries I didn't even really experience bh with ds let alone the weird feelings.It's not completely abnormal...just different.I'll take it over my first pregnancy experience plus just went to doc this morning and everything was all good.