Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When do you start counting kicks?

I'm 24 weeks today and I can feel this little girl all the time. You can even see her move when I'm laying right and it's so comforting. But when do we really start counting kicks and call when we're concerned??

She scared the crud out of me last night. I feel her ALL the time, she's like a gymnast this one and I was laying in bed reading when I realized I hadn't felt her move in a while. I got up, grabbed a piece of easter candy, drank some juice and jiggled her around a little. Still nothing. for over an hour, nothing. I didn't know what to do, DH is out of town and all of the kids were asleep so I decided it was all in my head and went to bed. A little while later there she was with her gymnastics again and I breathed a very heavy sigh of relief.

I still have 16 weeks and this is the part I hate the most, doing everything you can do to make sure their ok but in reality there isn't anything you can do.

So, is anyone counting yet?

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Arisce
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: When do you start counting kicks?

I don't count, I didn't last time either. This one and DD both move(d) a TON! So I just make sure I feel him/her every day at some point. I didn't feel the baby move for 36 hours after I had had a bad allergic reaction and took a TON of benadryl. Once I realized it and sat down and poked my belly s/he started moving and gave me some pretty good kicks. That was worrisome. I figure as long as I feel the baby move daily, it's probably fine.
Arisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My LO has a day here or there I feel it very little and other days I feel baby all the time. Last night was one of those night. Finally I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a few reassuring kicks.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well right now our little ones are starting their sleep/ awake cycles so it gets a little nerve racking. I'm trying to figure out what Benjamin's cycle is. If I have felt him during the day I tend not to worry as much but if I haven't felt him at all then I start to worry. He usually wakes up when my heart rate goes up.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been. Like everyone else he is very active, when I don't want him to be!!! His play time is my bed time and during the day he is pretty much quiet! Unless I have abunch of sugar!! So right now I don't worry too much. Also I have noticed when I get BH I don't feel him for a day or so, guess the xtra room helps me not feel him as much.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do notice if I have any coffee (which I drink about 1 time per week) baby goes crazy!!! Had 1 cup today and it was about 1 1/2 hours of bumping and kicking.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well today she's been uber active. I'm sure I'm worrying for nothing but I tend to be one of those people that can imagine the worst in any situation.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Christina I just looked this up because I had the same situation yesterday. It looks like by 28 weeks they should be kind of 'routine' in their kicks.