Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #31
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Hang in there mommy, we are keeping you and your little guy in our prayers!

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #32
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: More bad news

So happy to hear a positive report. I will be praying for LO and your family.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great report! I will continue to pray!
Hi! I'm Dawn. Wife and no label mama to my men ages 20, 12, 8 and 4 years old.Catholic God seeker. Homeschooling mama. Part time STAT and PICC RN. College Student (again). Volunteer with the MORELove Project and Union Gospel Mission.
eguisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #34
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama.

In 2005 at my 18 week ultrasound they found that my dd wasn't growing correctly and that the placenta had grown to 10x the correct size and that over half of the placenta was dead so it was robbing nutrients from the baby. They diagnosed her with severe IUGR (interuterine growth restriction) and said she would NEVER make it to 24 weeks. We were told over and over again to terminate. The ultrasound showed her organs, heart, fluid were all good. At 24 weeks she was still growing! She continued to grow 2 weeks behind but she was growing. So starting at 24 weeks we had ultrasounds 3x week, BPP's 3x week and I met with my docs 1x week. My water broke at 28 weeks. By this time she was measuring 4 weeks behind. She was delivered at 28 weeks, weighing 1 pound 7 ounces and 12 1/2 inches long. So tiny. She was very very sick. BUT, she made it!! There were several other babies born early and small b/c of IUGR and they made it too. My dd is 6 now and you'd never know what a rough and negative start she had. They told us after she was born that she would die and we should prepare for her passing. God is our Healer! The medical world can only know so much. I prayed as soon as I read your post and I will continue to pray for you and this sweet baby! Please feel free to message me too.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato4kids View Post
Oh mama.

In 2005 at my 18 week ultrasound they found that my dd wasn't growing correctly and that the placenta had grown to 10x the correct size and that over half of the placenta was dead so it was robbing nutrients from the baby. They diagnosed her with severe IUGR (interuterine growth restriction) and said she would NEVER make it to 24 weeks. We were told over and over again to terminate. The ultrasound showed her organs, heart, fluid were all good. At 24 weeks she was still growing! She continued to grow 2 weeks behind but she was growing. So starting at 24 weeks we had ultrasounds 3x week, BPP's 3x week and I met with my docs 1x week. My water broke at 28 weeks. By this time she was measuring 4 weeks behind. She was delivered at 28 weeks, weighing 1 pound 7 ounces and 12 1/2 inches long. So tiny. She was very very sick. BUT, she made it!! There were several other babies born early and small b/c of IUGR and they made it too. My dd is 6 now and you'd never know what a rough and negative start she had. They told us after she was born that she would die and we should prepare for her passing. God is our Healer! The medical world can only know so much. I prayed as soon as I read your post and I will continue to pray for you and this sweet baby! Please feel free to message me too.
What an amazing story mama. I am so glad your daughter is doing so well!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #36
aphlbrck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My thoughts are with you and your sweet little boy. It's wonderful to hear some positive news. Hang in there!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #37
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you and baby, mama. Hugs!