Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #201
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551

I was going to start on my PhD this fall, but I just can't do it. I also need to stop and take care of myself and my family. I am 34 so I feel like my time is growing short if I want to move into a career in high education. My goal has always been to teach education classes on the college/university level. But I really do like teaching high school science/math. My job is pushing me to get ANOTHER masters and have it be in leadership. I don't really want to be a principal, thank you very much.

DH restarts his Masters in counseling Thursday. Hopefully it will give him something to do other than watch martial arts movies on netflix When he and his first wife divorced he dropped out of school. He lacked 2 classes but all his credits have expired. The school he is going to now is being generous and giving him some credit anyway. I haven't bought his books yet and the school doesn't give the option of adding them to your account like mine does. Used, on Amazon, they will be only $70. They will be marked up and well-worn, but who cares!

We love grocery shopping together. What I cook DH doesn't like and what he cooks I don't like. If we walk, talk, and plan in the store we get meals we will both eat

Today I made buttermilk biscuits for brunch, washed all the piled up dishes, mopped, hung out clothes, finished (finally) my final paper for my class that ended last week, took a nap, cooked dinner, washed more laundry, helped DS clean up his room. I am exhausted!!!
Cant dh get his own books?! You are doing so much!!! I know when i am under so much pressure that even the smallest things I delegate are like a huge weight off my shoulders. You maybe can just handle more than me

I do not blame u for waiting in your phd!!! Holy cow woman!

Is dh going to be a counselor? Thats my ultimate goal. Getting my master un clinical psych. I just turned 30, but i dint feel rushed by age. In that profession age, experience, and wisdom help. Plus my relatuonshio with God is not as strong as I want it in order to be a Christian therapist. I still need to learn how to rely even more heavily on Him.
Time to get the kiddos up!!

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #202
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just have DS but at this point it's really hard for me to deal with him and a full to the brim cart. DH is great at distracting. Plus if there's two of us e doesn't have to sit in the cart the whole time. If I must go by myself I usually bribe him with fruit snacks or his latest favorite grapes.

I dread Monday mornings. I have to wake DS up early to take DH to work and then DS has speech. At least DH only has an 8 hour shift today and he's off tomorrow. I didn't get much sleep last night because I just can't get comfortable. Last night the only way I could breathe or get any comfort at all was on my right side and I know that's a no no so I was stressed and just kept tossing all night.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #203
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think sleeping on the left is best but its okay to sleep on the right side. I wouldnt stress over it. Like Christina said, it is better than no sleep!

The other morning i woke up on my back which was really weird.

Hope the days goes quickly for you!

I have a busy one too. Gshopping (which of course is always a huge ordeal!) a big hw assignment due a test and mounds of house work. My dad may take the kids for a couple hours so i dont have to start school after they go to bed and all my mental energy is expended.

Oh! And all our pipes are fixed! AND my in laws (who technically own the house even through we still pay taxes mortgage insurance and everything else) footed the bill! I used to have issues with how much they help (growing up pretty much neglected and not having anything done for me) but now im used to it. I think it is the way they show their love. That being said i still look forward to the day we wont need help!!!! Maybe thats my pride talking.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #204
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat April 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
I think sleeping on the left is best but its okay to sleep on the right side. I wouldnt stress over it. Like Christina said, it is better than no sleep!

The other morning i woke up on my back which was really weird.
I always start out on one of mysides but always always end up waking up on my back! then I get situated and start the process all over again.