Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
tommyzmommy
Registered Users
seller

any suggestions for games at birthday party for a 3 year old?

I would love to have some suggestions for Judge's birthday party! Some of the children are older than 3 but one has cerebral palsy so I'd rather not play anything like DuckDuck Goose or Red Rover.... I have come up with an egg and spoon race, charades and singing the HokeyPokey. We're having it at the park so it needs to be an outside game please. Construction truck theme. Tomorrow, ekk! Nothing like waiting to the last minute.... Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement

tommyzmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: any suggestions for games at birthday party for a 3 year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyzmommy View Post
I would love to have some suggestions for Judge's birthday party! Some of the children are older than 3 but one has cerebral palsy so I'd rather not play anything like DuckDuck Goose or Red Rover.... I have come up with an egg and spoon race, charades and singing the HokeyPokey. We're having it at the park so it needs to be an outside game please. Construction truck theme. Tomorrow, ekk! Nothing like waiting to the last minute.... Any help is appreciated, thanks!
OKay.. Heres what I did for my four years old party with 9toddlers (between 1.5 and 5). The theme was trains.
We had different tables set up for coloring when the kids arrived.
I bought wooden trains (one letter train per kid 99cents each) adn they painted it with Crayola brush paints (6 for 5 dolars). They also sell plain woodedn trucks at walmart for a dollar each.
We decorated cupcakes. I put bowls out of candy to decorate with.
read a train book.

If I were you, I would get long sheets of paper and have kids decorate for some time. I would get a kids cassette (try walmart) with songs they know that have things for them to do- such as "wheels on the bus".
Read a story about trucks when they are eating cake.
maybe a scavenger hunt - pictures of things they need to put in a bucket and bring back to the meeting site. Maybe -find a petal from a flower, or find a shiney rock, or a stick with buds on it.
I dont know what else.. but thisis what I came up with??
ANyhow- good luck and have fun