Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #21
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: They MADE FUN OF MY BABY!!!(babylegs)

I always get good reaction BUT I will say that my DH won't let it fly once our lil one is walking I think they're awesome- obviously you do too- I'd for sure post on the Yahoo group- church is the last place you should feel defensive, embarrassed or teased!

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #22
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah mama, been there done that. My own family has made fun of me or what I've put on my children many times...it's easier said than done when it comes to blowing them off. My Dh made fun of our babylegs and I personally thought they looked kinda silly too...but they serve a purpose. Joking and *making fun* is all good and everything, when everyone is laughing...not when someone is getting laughed AT. I'm sorry they hurt your feelings(((HUGS)))

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #23
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ignore them - older folks can be a PITA sometimes... I think they are adorable and so convenient!
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #24
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

sorry to hear that
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
amyella88
Registered Users

Let it roll off your back...my DH thought they looked a little strange at first but we are really trying to get DS to crawl and he does so much better with his "pre-crawling" wearing babylegs, probably because they don't pull at him or bunch up like pants do. His development is way more important to me than what other people think. If anyone says anything else to you just say "yeah, honestly I hate what you're wearing too" with a big smile and then change the subject.
amyella88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #26
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4 View Post
I wasn't sure what category to put this...its not really "diapers"... "parenting" is it? if its in the place please move it to the right one

I am SOOOOOO sad/frustrated/upset.... I bought a bunch of Babylegs and I made some.... I was/am planning on using them w/ a onesie/1 pc outfit for my DS this summer (to protect his knees from ground and sun) ...well...today I put a Blue onesie on him and a grey pr with blue stripes that matched it...I couldn't wait to show him off...

I get to church and everyone starts making fun of him...adults...Saying he looked like he just got zapped here from the 1980's, while on his way to aerobics class. And how "nobody wears leg-warmers these days, especially boys"... I tried to tell them they are "babylegs" and how they have been featured on Oprah, and how they are popular with the celebs for their babies, etc... they just kept laughing at him and calling him the "aerobics baby"....

Now what? I just put a WHOLE lot of investment into these things...got like 4 pr here already and atleast 4-5 more coming....

...not even one "what a cleaver idea" or anything....

PS: he is 14mths old...
Well, I hate to put it like this, but I'm sure that if you wanted to be mean and down right rude youcould have found several things to bash them about. I mean come on, in my church I could think of at least 20 ppl who dress badly and have bad hair etc.. And for them to pic on a child.. A BABY AT THAT!!! Well hunny I just hope that God will make them think about what they did today nad make then realize they should not have been so rude. I know that ppl have their own opinions and things, but when it's going to hurt some ones feeling. Well they as adults should know how to keep it to them selves. If it was me, I would have said "Oh I'm so sorry that they are not to your likeing and it's all I can afford right now"!!! LOL But then again I can be a reall Smart A$$ when it comes to ppl being down right mean.. But moma, pls don't even let then get to you. Just learn form there mistakes, and know that you will never "make fun" of someone and make them feel the way you felt today !!! BTW I'm sure your lil boy was just adorable in his lil babylegs.. can we see a pic of him in them pls..
Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #27
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamachandi View Post
don't let it bother you
they sound rude and dim witted
btw-legwarmers are back in style my dd and her friends wore them all winter (12 yrs old)....you can find themall over the mall. besides they are for your ds's comfort not to impress anyone right?? ignore them...
I second that legwarmers are back in style!!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #28
carleyc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry. I haven't gotten any for my son yet, but my 2 year old daughter has a pair, and I've only gotten possitive comments. Especially from teenage girls who always tell me how "in" they are.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #29
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Screw them! (Is that the wrong thing to say to church-goers? Aah! Who cares. They weren't nice, either.)
In some places where they're a bit behind the times--my hometown in Jersey being one of them--I get made fun of everything I have/do...till I've moved way beyond the trend and they're just starting it.
Somehow, I have the tact to keep from saying 'Thanks for the Italian charm, sis, but they went out of style 4 yrs. ago!' When I mentioned to my sister that they had cool BLs w/ flames and bones, she said 'Do NOT give us any of those 80s legwarmers.'
Fine w/ me. I'll give her some paper diapers and a few cans of formula (because she doesn't want to 'bother' BFing), a cheapo diaper bag and some bibs w/ corny sayings, which'll make her happy as a clam.
But MY baby's going to keep wearing her adorable cloth and BLs and eating her tofu and lentils, carrying her playsilk and her Waldorf lovey--I know she's cute as can be. Who gives a crud what some behind-the-times, rude people think?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #30
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4 View Post
Our church has a yahoo group...do you think I should post something about how I was treated/felt today? or just drop it and ignore them....?
OMG I would sooo post it all, and be true dont leave not an inch of how they made you feel out.. GL