Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please help...Vax or No Vax?

She's over 12months now right? Honestly she is past the most dangerous age for pretty much all of the diseases now. She is developing a pretty healthy immune system. She is obviously from your pictures up and mobile and developing muscles right? How is her diet? Do you breastfeed? Diseases are typically most dangerous for those with poor diet, poor circulation, the very very young and the very very old and those with weekend immune systems. Do any of these apply to your child?

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't vax for the same gut feeling reason.
Today I told my ped. I know I can get the shots for cheaper at the health dept.
It's true, but I am not going there and I'm not explaining my instinct either.
karen
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #23
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh..

I know that's an Offer I CAN refuse. lol

whatever you do, don't get the combined shots like that.. yikes!

Like someone else said, they pressure you because they are paid to do so, not because they are concerned for your child.

Doctors are kinda like Car salemen.. in that they will do everything in thier power for you to sign the papers and vax your kid. this is why doctors don't share the actual % of reactions or tell you you don't have to vaccinate for your child to go to public school.. or the ever famous, we'll kick you out of the practice, and turn you into CPS!! I know i'm scared.. shaking. lol

what you sound like you need to do is get more secure with your choice.. the best way to do that is read about the things they vax for, see how often it really kills, see how dangerous they really are. Media makes it sound worse than they really are.. at miranda's 2 month visit, her doctor was ready to do it without my consent. He said things like, "do you want your daughter to die, because without the shots, she'll be dead by the time she's 2" Yeah.. whatever. I said, well I guess I'm a miracle then because I wasn't vaccinated either. lol all those amish people must be miracles too.. and according to him, miranda is a miracle now.. as she's 2.5 she should of gotten polio by now and died according to him.

He threw every scare tactic and I argued everything.. my mom was with me (for backup if i got in trouble) and we got miranda dressed and we were out of there.

Now... we dropped him as a doctor long ago.. after that appt.

now she's got her first wellcheck in 2 years and i'm nervous again. I'll be by myself this time.. no mom.. i'm sending the husband away.. or giving him a stern talking to before we go in there.. he's easily swayed. lol I have a feeling it won't be as bad as that first doctor though.. i don't think anything could be that bad.

There's nothing in this world that will make me believe vaccinations are safe enough to Inject into my daughter, EVER. I will never vaccinate any of my children. Some people think i don't vaccinate because my brother had Seizures as a baby (well from the fevers that were caused by the shots).. that's just one small reason.. my nieces first child had a horrible reaction and her 3rd child died from sids last december that i can't help but wonder if it was related.

Autism is on the rise since vaccines were introduced.. seems everyone has ADHD/ADD Or other learning Disability.. (I have ADD/ADHD, and wasn't vaccinated, but my mom also drank.. so.. lol) Asthma, allergies and other horrible things like that (I have those too, but once again, my moms a smoker) My mom has cronic problems I like to think are related to Vaccinations..

All of this has convinced me that vaccinations aren't worth it.

I wish you the best of luck with your choice.. but whatever you do.. NEVER EVER let someone else push you into it. It's gotta be a choice that you make.. not the doctors. They don't live with your children. and if you vaccinated against your will because you were pressured into it and the vaccinations somehow caused your daughter a lifetime of problems, they would not be there footing the bill for the hospitals and doctors to help your child.

Jennifer
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #24
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
She's over 12months now right? Honestly she is past the most dangerous age for pretty much all of the diseases now. She is developing a pretty healthy immune system. She is obviously from your pictures up and mobile and developing muscles right? How is her diet? Do you breastfeed? Diseases are typically most dangerous for those with poor diet, poor circulation, the very very young and the very very old and those with weekend immune systems. Do any of these apply to your child?
Hmnmm..Yup. Shes 13 months. Breastfed from birth and still going strong She does eat reagular food but in addition to the BF'ing. Very up and mobile. Not walking yet but almost. Talks. Has a vocab of about 4 words and can sign and understand 8-10 signs.
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388 View Post
Ugh..

I know that's an Offer I CAN refuse. lol

whatever you do, don't get the combined shots like that.. yikes!

Like someone else said, they pressure you because they are paid to do so, not because they are concerned for your child.

Doctors are kinda like Car salemen.. in that they will do everything in thier power for you to sign the papers and vax your kid. this is why doctors don't share the actual % of reactions or tell you you don't have to vaccinate for your child to go to public school.. or the ever famous, we'll kick you out of the practice, and turn you into CPS!! I know i'm scared.. shaking. lol

what you sound like you need to do is get more secure with your choice.. the best way to do that is read about the things they vax for, see how often it really kills, see how dangerous they really are. Media makes it sound worse than they really are.. at miranda's 2 month visit, her doctor was ready to do it without my consent. He said things like, "do you want your daughter to die, because without the shots, she'll be dead by the time she's 2" Yeah.. whatever. I said, well I guess I'm a miracle then because I wasn't vaccinated either. lol all those amish people must be miracles too.. and according to him, miranda is a miracle now.. as she's 2.5 she should of gotten polio by now and died according to him.

He threw every scare tactic and I argued everything.. my mom was with me (for backup if i got in trouble) and we got miranda dressed and we were out of there.

Now... we dropped him as a doctor long ago.. after that appt.

now she's got her first wellcheck in 2 years and i'm nervous again. I'll be by myself this time.. no mom.. i'm sending the husband away.. or giving him a stern talking to before we go in there.. he's easily swayed. lol I have a feeling it won't be as bad as that first doctor though.. i don't think anything could be that bad.

There's nothing in this world that will make me believe vaccinations are safe enough to Inject into my daughter, EVER. I will never vaccinate any of my children. Some people think i don't vaccinate because my brother had Seizures as a baby (well from the fevers that were caused by the shots).. that's just one small reason.. my nieces first child had a horrible reaction and her 3rd child died from sids last december that i can't help but wonder if it was related.

Autism is on the rise since vaccines were introduced.. seems everyone has ADHD/ADD Or other learning Disability.. (I have ADD/ADHD, and wasn't vaccinated, but my mom also drank.. so.. lol) Asthma, allergies and other horrible things like that (I have those too, but once again, my moms a smoker) My mom has cronic problems I like to think are related to Vaccinations..

All of this has convinced me that vaccinations aren't worth it.

I wish you the best of luck with your choice.. but whatever you do.. NEVER EVER let someone else push you into it. It's gotta be a choice that you make.. not the doctors. They don't live with your children. and if you vaccinated against your will because you were pressured into it and the vaccinations somehow caused your daughter a lifetime of problems, they would not be there footing the bill for the hospitals and doctors to help your child.

Jennifer
Thanks momma. DH and I talked again. We are waiting. And getting mroe educated in the meantime. And I am going to look for a new DR. Much as I love him, I dont want to feel that way EVER again!

Thanks for all the support mommas. I KNEW there was a reason I posted this here!
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #26
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiof5 View Post
Says that she is at her most vulnerable right now with Diptheria and Pertussis.
That's funny--we switched to a holistic ped after being faced w/ a ped similar to yours around 6m. Our new ped listed 2 vaxes she felt were important at this point, but said whooping cough (pertussis) was only really life threatening for babies under 6m and since DD was right at 6m, she didn't see the point in vaxxing for it.

Do what I did--find yourself a holistic or homeopathic ped--one who agrees that not all vaxes are necessary and A: knows the REAL FACTS and B: will support you in your decisions, not make you feel like an idiot who's trying to hurt her child.

I kept feeling sick before all DD's ped appts--worried about the possible confrontation w/ the ped when we told him we were again delaying vaxes. I decided I didn't need to feel like that. Now I'm excited to go the ped--we pay more out of pocket, but it's worth it for the confidence I have in her. I was on the phone w/ her when DD was in the ER for croup--the was telling me the truth while the ER doc was telling DH she'd go into seizures if we didn't inject her w/ steroids. We needed someone ON our side, not VS. us.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #27
Punkymom
Registered Users

Go with your instincts, mama. I chose to not vaccinate after doing my research (DD had hers through 6 mos and DS had his first one in the hospital bc I forgot to tell them). This baby won't have any. I still haven't decided if they'll get them some day but for today the answer is no. I have an extremely petite 4 yo (she'll be 5 at the end of May) and she only weighs 28 lbs. I'm extremely wary of putting things in her body bc she's so small. She's proportionate and taller than her brother, but she's a skinny minny. DS's father had adverse reactions to vax's when he was a baby and thus his mother stopped them and he grew up un vaxed and is one of the healthiest adults I know. Just go with your instincts. Your ped is not the parent of your child and doesn't have to live with the regret of an adverse reaction if one does occur.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
rjmakmom
Registered Users

Red face Re: Please help...Vax or No Vax?

I have 5 kids, all of whom have been vaxed. My ds had a reaction to the pertussis part of the DTaP. He has never gotten another one of those. I am neither for or against vaxing, personal call in my opinion, but I am 100% for listening to that niggling voice telling you to do/not do something. It is really important that you follow it! You may never know why, but if you don't listen to it you may always regret it.
Just my take on it
Good luck!

Shannon
rjmakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #29
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't vax. I stopped after dd#1 had a reaction to the MMR at age 1. Now, 7 years later, we still deal with the skin probs from that reaction. DD#2 will be 5 next month and DD#3 will be 2 in Aug. They have never been vaxed.

Check out this site... www.cure-guide.com

This dr. has some wonderful books, one called The Vaccine Guide and another called Child Health Guide. I highly recommend you get them.

Neil Miller also has several good books about vaccines, and another good site is www.nvic.org

My children will never have any vaccines. When they are 18 yo, they can choose them for themselves. A super vax like your dr was suggesting is even worse than one by itself...and it shows that the dr. just doesn't get it. I would switch dr. to one that is more supportive of your parental choices.

Last edited by 3girlymom; 04-21-2007 at 01:12 PM.
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #30
JRo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for posing this question. I myself and trying to get well informed. I have a lot of people pulling me in different directions and my gut says NO... I keep thinking, were are all those people going to be if my DS has an issue with the vax????? That is what I thought.
I need to be studied up and CONFIDENT in my decision. I have been telling my hubby that I want to delay, but the more I read even on the governments own sites, the less reason I see for him to have almost all of them! And the chicken pox one... Give me a BREAK. I remember getting it (the actual disease, not the vax), no big deal. And between the three of us kids we all had the mumps and measles... again, no big deal. And Hep B... a drug user's disease... what is a 2 month old doing with dirty needles... mine can't even find the boob all on his own, I have to guide him!

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to find a no vax friendly Doc? I hate that fact that I am going to have to tell my Dr (a friend/acquaintance) that I am going to a different doctor...