Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #4861
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat

I'd totally wrap them!

I need to get some trainers for DD. She's doing great with the potty but it's a pain in the butt having to take her diaper off every time. I'd like her to be able to do it on her own.

What is your trick for getting him to eat? Rylee barely eats anything she should.
Um. Sometimes Caden doesn't eat we'll at all. But Caden doesn't really know "junk food". The only junk he has has is what I share with him & I try to eat it fast so he doesn't eat too much of it! Lol! I also hide junk food from him or eat eat when he is asleep. Lol.

So maybe Caden likes healthy food because I didn't introduce the junk for as long as possible. But he loves apples, berries, grapes, corn etc. He loves BBQ chicken & chicken nuggets, French fries (I don't really consider that junk unless it comes from fast food places)

Most of his snacks are freeze dried fruit, or freeze dried corn or peas (he loves them! Got them from target.) He eats a lot of carbs- bread, muffins, pancakes, waffles (none of it is homemade usually). I just make sure it has real fruit in it! He likes animal crackers, graham crackers, chips, etc.

Today he had mini blueberry muffins (packaged) or breakfast, PB&J on white bread (left over from thanksgiving- I buy wheat). He snacked on berries & an apple & goldfish. And for dinner the oatmeal with a small amount of brown sugar & milk. Then he wanted more muffins. So I don't think he eats that great.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #4862
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh and he eats in front of the tv most of the time thanks to daddy!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #4863
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Rylee doesn't eat junk, but she won't eat meat. She was on a chicken nugget kick for a while but now she won't eat anything. No burger, chicken, turkey anything. Pasta, any dinner I make. She'll eat pb&j most times but that's it. She loves berries and bananas. She won't touch veggies. I'll have to try the freeze dried ones. She loves crackers and goldfish and cereal bars. If we make waffles she'll eat them. I just worry she isn't eating enough. She likes to snack, but the last week or so I've been trying my best to make her wait between meals in hopes that she'll actually eat something substantial at the meal.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #4864
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Rylee doesn't eat junk, but she won't eat meat. She was on a chicken nugget kick for a while but now she won't eat anything. No burger, chicken, turkey anything. Pasta, any dinner I make. She'll eat pb&j most times but that's it. She loves berries and bananas. She won't touch veggies. I'll have to try the freeze dried ones. She loves crackers and goldfish and cereal bars. If we make waffles she'll eat them. I just worry she isn't eating enough. She likes to snack, but the last week or so I've been trying my best to make her wait between meals in hopes that she'll actually eat something substantial at the meal.
Caden will only eat chicken or turkey (if we called it chicken! Lol) but we don't eat a lot of meat. I'm ok with that. My cousin who is 11 doesn't like meat & neither does our grandmother- some people just don't like meat. Caden eats a lot of PB&J- hey it's got protein! But I have to limit Caden's snacking or he won't eat a meal. And I can't really give him the same dinner two nights in a row, he likes variety. It's hard because he can't tell me what he wants to eat. So sometimes like last night, I made pasta with tomato sauce & peas mixed in & he refused to eat it, even though he has devoured it in the past. I also buy the veggie pasta sometimes- it's a little more nutritious than regular pasta.

I've also noticed somedays he doesn't eat but he makes up for it the next day, so I don't worry too much.

On days when he is being picky I try to get him to eat yogurt- I buy the stonyfield farm toddler yogurt with fruit & veggies. Or a smoothie or something.

He also likes cinnamon raisin bagels- I count those raisins as fruit. Lol. I think our pedi once said if he was picky not to worry & just try to get the fruits & veggies in where ever you can sneak them in.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #4865
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Also have you tried to offer a variety on a tray- like an ice cube tray- just a much of different things- stuff she likes & stuff to try.

I always offer Caden green beans, even though I know he won't eat them. But eventually he will try them.

The other night he tried my moms squash casserole & gagged poor thing. He took a big bite & tried to choke it down even though he didn't like it. That was a first for him. Lol.

I also offer him things that I don't eat. He loves blueberries, but I don't care for them. I've also given him cream cheese on a bagel which he seemed to like but I don't eat it.

DH is really picky so I try to get Caden to try new foods. If hopes he doesn't get picky.

Also I just remembered Caden will eat a lot of different veggies in soup. So when I know he hasn't had veggies in a while I give him soup. Chicken noodle or minestrone seem to be good ones for him.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #4866
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
She just flat out refuses to eat things. I'll offer her a few different things and she'll simply tell me she doesn't want it.

Then she'll have a mini melt down. I'll try the whole ice cube tray thing. I feel like I've run out of options. She was the best eater for the longest time and now not so much. She likes finger foods. Any ideas as to what I could feed her? Any recipes for muffins that include veggies? I know she loves blueberry muffins. If I could disguise things into stuff she already eats I might feel better.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #4867
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
There is a book by Jessica Seinfeld called Deceptively Delicious. It's all about hiding veggies into food kids will eat.

I'm not much of a cook so I don't have any recipes. But you could try banana bread, pumpkin bread, carrot cake muffins, zucchini bread- I'm sure there are box mixes or recipes online that uses real veggies.

Also the Happy Baby food company has a line of toddler food that includes veggie tots, Mac & cheese tots with veggies- Caden likes those. I found them at whole foods.

Also what about having her help cook or bake. They say kids are more likely to try something if they help make it. Worth a shot.

And it could just be a toddler control thing. There isn't much a toddler can control & what they eat is one of them. It always seems like the more you push, the more they push back. Ya know? All you can do is offer a variety of healthy & hope they pick something.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #4868
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll have to check out the books and see what I can do.

Any plans for today? I think I'm going to do some cleaning. This house is kinda a mess. But, that means I need to get my lazy butt off the couch.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #4869
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll have to check out the books and see what I can do.

Any plans for today? I think I'm going to do some cleaning. This house is kinda a mess. But, that means I need to get my lazy butt off the couch.
No problem. Did you see the thread on getting toddlers to eat their veggies? You might find some more suggestions there.

I don't have any real plans for today, I need to go to target to get some things. I want to get him the elf of the shelf.

I also need to clean up the house a bit, and do more preparations for Christmas

Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #4870
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I saw it, but I didn't read it. I'll have to check it out.

It's sleeting here. Not sure if it wants to rain or snow. They're giant flakes. Kinda pretty.

I'm so bored over here! Mom has DD until about 3. And DH won't be home until 2:30. What do I do?! Lol.