Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
where and who.. SPAM ME!!! :) PICS welcome!!

Where do you buy your colorway wool.. I am in love with those colors!!! I will be buyins some wool for shorties..

1.) where do you buy the wool ?
2.) how much do I need for shorties.?. ( 20 inch waist.. ect )
3.) who on here makes them?
4.) how much is the charge ?

I would also LOVE to see some shorties.. for MY BOY.. but I also like looking at cute girl stuff too

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: where and who.. SPAM ME!!! :) PICS welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
Where do you buy your colorway wool.. I am in love with those colors!!! I will be buyins some wool for shorties..

1.) where do you buy the wool ?
2.) how much do I need for shorties.?. ( 20 inch waist.. ect )
3.) who on here makes them?
4.) how much is the charge ?

I would also LOVE to see some shorties.. for MY BOY.. but I also like looking at cute girl stuff too
Colorway isn't a brand of wool it's just the term used for the colors that are in a skein of wool.

1.) where do you buy the wool ? There are tons of places to buy wool my faves are

www.hyenacart.com/woolywondersbynada
http://hyenacart.com/MosaicMoonYarnStore/
http://hyenacart.com/DashingDachs/
http://hyenacart.com/IrishBabyKnits/

2.) how much do I need for shorties.?. ( 20 inch waist.. ect ) I would guess 6oz for body and 2 oz for trim but I don't knit so I'm not sure.

3.) who on here makes them? Tons of people Ky Baby Knits, MamaZ, One Mad Giraffe, Belladonna etc etc etc....

4.) how much is the charge ? Depends on the size the WAHM, yarn type and if you want embellishments and stuff.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart View Post
Colorway isn't a brand of wool it's just the term used for the colors that are in a skein of wool.

1.) where do you buy the wool ? There are tons of places to buy wool my faves are

www.hyenacart.com/woolywondersbynada
http://hyenacart.com/MosaicMoonYarnStore/
http://hyenacart.com/DashingDachs/
http://hyenacart.com/IrishBabyKnits/

2.) how much do I need for shorties.?. ( 20 inch waist.. ect ) I would guess 6oz for body and 2 oz for trim but I don't knit so I'm not sure.

3.) who on here makes them? Tons of people Ky Baby Knits, MamaZ, One Mad Giraffe, Belladonna etc etc etc....

4.) how much is the charge ? Depends on the size the WAHM, yarn type and if you want embellishments and stuff.
Oh wow.. wool is pretty $$ ! I really like some of those!! I might have to pick some up and learn how to do that myself.. save a buck..LOL
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The yarns that the PP mentioned are gorgeous! I have some of those, and they are wonderful to work with and make a fabulous product. If you're looking for something a little less expensive, though, you could try getting 100purewool (www.100purewool.com) through a coop. There are often coops going on for it here on DS and other places (ordering through the site directly can be expensive because of shipping costs from South America).

Also, you don't have to buy the wool yourself. A lot of us WAHMs who make longies/shorties/etc have HUGE stashes of yarn, since we are major yarn-addicts , so all you have to do is PM one of us or email us through our Hyena Cart (or other websites that WAHMs may have), and we can show you pics of what we have in stock.

"Learn to Dye Wool Yarn Kit" and undyed yarn available, too!
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieSqrl View Post
The yarns that the PP mentioned are gorgeous! I have some of those, and they are wonderful to work with and make a fabulous product. If you're looking for something a little less expensive, though, you could try getting 100purewool (www.100purewool.com) through a coop. There are often coops going on for it here on DS and other places (ordering through the site directly can be expensive because of shipping costs from South America).

Also, you don't have to buy the wool yourself. A lot of us WAHMs who make longies/shorties/etc have HUGE stashes of yarn, since we are major yarn-addicts , so all you have to do is PM one of us or email us through our Hyena Cart (or other websites that WAHMs may have), and we can show you pics of what we have in stock.
I just didn't mention Pure Wool because I personally don't really like it for longies or shorties, although I do have some from the co-op I am getting knit up

I just find it Pills WAYYY too much and shows wear very quickly and it just doesn't seem as durable than others out there.

I have a pair of longies I just got a couple months ago in Purewool and they already look like they are about 1 yr old, my DD has barely worn them too and she's a walker not a crawler.

So for me I'd reather spend a little more on some more durable wool and have the longies/shorties last longer. KWIM?

BUT anyway yes if you are going to get some done up I would just go with a WAHM who will just have the yarn already on hand you don't need to buy your own yarn.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup - there is definitely a wide variety out there in terms of pilling, etc. I know what you mean It depends on your wool rotation, your baby, your budget, so many things...

Did you try a sweater shaver on the Purewool ones? That helps with mine a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart View Post
I just didn't mention Pure Wool because I personally don't really like it for longies or shorties, although I do have some from the co-op I am getting knit up

I just find it Pills WAYYY too much and shows wear very quickly and it just doesn't seem as durable than others out there.

I have a pair of longies I just got a couple months ago in Purewool and they already look like they are about 1 yr old, my DD has barely worn them too and she's a walker not a crawler.

So for me I'd reather spend a little more on some more durable wool and have the longies/shorties last longer. KWIM?

BUT anyway yes if you are going to get some done up I would just go with a WAHM who will just have the yarn already on hand you don't need to buy your own yarn.

"Learn to Dye Wool Yarn Kit" and undyed yarn available, too!
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieSqrl View Post
Yup - there is definitely a wide variety out there in terms of pilling, etc. I know what you mean It depends on your wool rotation, your baby, your budget, so many things...

Did you try a sweater shaver on the Purewool ones? That helps with mine a lot!
Ya the shaver did help some but I'm just not generally impressed.

I think I am going to retire them to our night longies, I usually don't use longies at nice because I feel the ones we have are too fancy.

BTW I totally LOVE your stuff. Those short shorties are TDF I sooo have been eyeing them and trying to resist.