Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
Jenn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sell me on baby legs...

I just don't get them. What's the draw? It seems like the baby would be too cold without any real pants on. And besides, aren't they girly for boys? Perhaps if I could find some blue camo ones....

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sell me on baby legs...

We use them a lot with wool soakers & shorties, and occasionally with a fitted or pinned prefold, if I'm letting Logan air out. There are boyish ones (flames, for one, red and black!); we have five pairs, I believe, including some rainbow ones that DH says are NOT boyish, but oh, well.

I can definitely see how they're going to be nice when Logan starts crawling; he would crawl out of his longies or pants, but if I put shorties/soaker and babylegs on him, he'll have covering on his legs (so warmth + protection from rough carpet) that he won't be able to crawl out of.
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
tonnabelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got some for several reasons.

1. They're CUTENESS!
2. I think they'll be great for when Donovan starts to crawl.
3. Donovan is a hot natured baby, so they're great with just a dipe.
4. CUTE CUTE CUTE.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
Jenn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So they're mostly for wool users? We're a pocket/AIO kind of family here And when they crawl on them wouldn't they get scrunched down the legs and fall off?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

We just recently started cd'ing, but have been using babylegs since very early on. DS is worn for most of the day and babylegs keep his little dangling legs and feet from getting cold- body heat keeps his upper half warm. We also don't put him in shoes a lot, so when we're out, we pull the babylegs down over his sock covered toes and they act as shoe replacements. They also jazz up his outfits.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I am not a wool user! We do mostly pockets! I only have a couple pair. Some are WAHM made and 1 actual pair of babylegs that are red and white striped. I bought them to match my FF baseball set! LOL I have 1 pair of huggalugs coming too!

Anyway they work great for crawlers. That is what really pulled me in! My ds not doesn't have to worry about rug burn!

Also we are in TX so it doesn't get terribly cold here, but it sure makes diaper changes a lot easier when you don't have to take off the pants!

My ds wears pants when we are going out, but in the house he wears babylegs quite often. It is just easier for me!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
LindusandGrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Were a pocket family, and they work really great for us! Its still cold here (Alberta) and we put them under DD's dresses. We also just started putting her in shorts with babylegs.
For a boy i LOVE the argyle ones! (But to be fair DH says no way to putting them on a boy)

Don't like my lack of punctuation or spelling? Don't read my posts.
"Home is what catches you when you fall. And we all fall."
LindusandGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
courtfrog2
Registered Users
seller

My DD is potty trained and we use them everytime she wears a dress. They are SO cute and it's way easier for her to pull her underpants down to go to the bathroom. She never could do tights! I love her babylegs and we make them out of knee high socks and serge them up.

Courtney
Old 02-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im the odd man out I see, lol.
I do not like them at all. My dd has three pairs. She is a toddler(2.5yrs) and they always slide down her thigh and end up right above her knee which looks RIDICULES imo. Although she absolutely loves them. She always wants to wear them, especially her rainbow pair. But I wont be buying anymore and since two of three pairs havent even been worn, I should just try and return them. I bought them from Baby legs online.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
mamax3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

We are a pocket/AIO family and my DD wears them all the time. Mostly under pants so that her ankles don't get cold when she's in a carrier or I'm picking her up a lot. My twins are potty training and wear them instead of stockings to church or with any skirt... I dunno they are just cute. I love them. Oh and like in my Avi with just a diaper during the day (and usually a tshirt) so I can just change her diaper w/o messing with pants.
6 on the road
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote