Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
ilovenate1993
Registered Users

New to cloth diapering. Looking for discounts.

Hello! Iím new to cloth diapering and also new to this forum. I have twin boys and am wanting to switch them over to cloth diapers. They are 4 months old. Where are some good places to look for used/new discounted diapers?? Iím interested in Charlie Banana. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

ilovenate1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: New to cloth diapering. Looking for discounts.

I find ebay a good place to buy diapers these days. You need to decide if you want name brand or ones direct from china. Checking local forums, such as craigslist or facebook yardsale pages -- cloth diapers can be heavy to getting them locally can cost much less. Also many of the more popular cloth diaper brands have FST facebook pages for purchasing used.

I've heard some people like charlie banana but they don't get talked about much here. With twins a prefold with cover system is more cost effective.

I suggest you don't buy a ton of one brand until you are reasonably sure they work for you and your boys. Also remember while switching over you can use whatever cloth you have and then use sposies until you are able to wash. Doesn't have to be all or nothing during the trial/switching period.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-24-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Babycenter also has a FSOT for cloth diapers and there's another cloth diaper website, both of which get some traffic. You'll find different things sell better on each for some reason.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #4
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Hi! Congrats again! ClothDiaper.com has a lot of sales. They don’t have the brand you are wanting though. If you have a local BuyBuyBaby, they’re having Charlie Banana on discount.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #5
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Another pocket diaper brand to consider is Imagine. They’re not as trim fitting as Cb, but having the generous sized pocket makes life easy when you’re stuffing, lol. Not that you asked, but two non-pocket brands that have the hybrid option are gDiapers and Grovia. I love and used all that I mentioned. I really like the velcro on the Grovia. You can “stuff” withprefolds, padfolded flats or their snap in inserts.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
kammi79
Banned

I've heard some people like charlie banana but they don't get talked about much here. With twins a prefold with cover system is more cost effective.
kammi79 is offline   Reply With Quote