Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy I hated leaving DD at school this morning...

I thought we had it made when we started our 4 y.o. in Preschool this year. She was so excited to be going and didn't even look back to tell me goodbye when I walked her in those first few days. She's been so bored at home and loves playing with other kids, and she's always really liked Sunday School and dance classes, so she was really excited about starting school.

At the school she's going to (we have a big preschool program at the local public school) they go part time for the first 5 days, then it's full time, 5 days a week. the first few days she went full time, she was still loving it, but towards the end of last week, she started telling me she didn't want to go to school anymore. I think a big part of the problem is that she pretty much hasn't napped since she was 3 or so, and they have naptime at school. Every time she mentions that she doesn't want to go to school (we heard it all weekend), she brings up naptime. I've told her she doesn't have to sleep, that she can just rest and try thinking of a funny book she's read or show she's watched or something, but she still keeps telling me she hates it. This morning was the first time she's really been on the verge of tears when I walked her in. I hated leaving her when I did, although we'd gotten over the real teary stuff and she was just sort of standing there in a daze. I hate this! I feel so bad for her, plus it makes me feel really guilty because if I hadn't signed her up for preschool in the first place, she could be at home with me.

*sigh* Please tell me it gets better...
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote