Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
blessedmomof2
Registered Users
seller

Issue with a sale, am I handling it the correct way?

To begin with most of my stash was donated as we are low income and store brand disposables were giving my LO a killer rash. We were recently homeless and now have our first home so I really wanted to start cloth. I had some BG's donated that were in EEEUC in MY opinion. The inners were bright white, outside was perfect, I LOVED them. But we have zero money for diapers and I needed pockets for daycare and had the blessing of the momma who donated to do whatever I needed to build my stash so I sold 2 BGs so I could buy several cheapies ( we LOVE alvas!) I know to most people 18$ is nothing but we have every cent budgeted right now, no room. Well I sold 2 BGs in EUC, I truly believed they were. I have several pics of the diapers and they look amazing. I sent pictures to the girl I was selling to.
Today she received them and messaged me saying she needed a full refund because there are two pin sized holes in the outer of the white one. I would never had sold them without disclosing this is I had seen it and I DID look my dipes over well. I can't see them in pictures but it is all white so I suppose I wouldn't. I can see the holes in her pics because she put a black cloth in the pocket and they are super tiny but there. I see her point and I know she deserves a refund I guess but I used the 18$ to fund more used Alvas. I learned the lesson that I should wait until the items are received to spend anything. But honestly I thought I was selling the diapers way too low as to me they were awesome. I would have loved to keep them but right now we just need more. I handwash daily and would love to stretch that more.
Anyway basically we would overdraft our bank account to pay her back. Husband couldn't make it to work as he would have no gas. She is threatening to report it to admin and dispute through paypal. I am trying to get her to let me pay part now and part next week and she can keep the diapers until I have refunded her. I offered to refund her and let her keep the diapers as I KNOW the diapers work. The BG with the "holes" was worn once overnight and we had no leaks. I don't understand what happened, I swear the holes weren't there.

Anyway WWYD? I think/hope she is going to let me pay her an increments to refund and I will definitely not EVER sell anything again, this has been an awful experience. I was really proud of those diapers and I just started cloth and want to continue but I am afraid DH is going to say NO MORE after this since we don't have a spare penny. If you were the buyer would you let me pay you over a week or so? Should I refund the full amount plus her shipping? I just feel awful and confused. Thanks!!

Oh and this was not on DS

Advertisement

blessedmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd let you pay me in increments but I'm not that buyer. Also, she needs to send the diapers back and then you will refund her $18. It totally sucks that you are gonna be screwed, hats why you should never spend the PP until the buyer is happy with the package. I wouldn't refund shipping and Paypal won't make you.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
haddiehold1109
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Issue with a sale, am I handling it the correct way?

I woul have her send them back first.

Last edited by haddiehold1109; 08-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
haddiehold1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
I'd let you pay me in increments but I'm not that buyer. Also, she needs to send the diapers back and then you will refund her $18. It totally sucks that you are gonna be screwed, hats why you should never spend the PP until the buyer is happy with the package. I wouldn't refund shipping and Paypal won't make you.
This. Don't give her a full refund unless she gives you back the diapers first. If she wants to keep them, then it's a partial refund.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

make her send them back plus it will buy you time.
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to refund because of a similar issue first. The rules are (or were then) that the buyer send them back and you refund all but the shipping cost. She'd be better off to accept a partial refund and keep the diapers.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama
I had to refund because of a similar issue first. The rules are (or were then) that the buyer send them back and you refund all but the shipping cost. She'd be better off to accept a partial refund and keep the diapers.
PayPal makes you refund whatever the person paid. You don't refund 'return' shipping. Is that what you are trying to say? Sorry, pregnancy makes me dumb sometimes
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paypal will make her send the diapers back before you have to refund, so you have a couple days at least. Unfortunately you shouldn't spend the money until the transaction is complete. Can you return the alvas for a refund?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
All replies here are correct. She sends them back to you WITH dc and once you receive them, you refund the full ORIGINAL amount, you are not responsible for the cost of shipping to return them.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
This. Don't give her a full refund unless she gives you back the diapers first. If she wants to keep them, then it's a partial refund.
Just a side note OP, you don't have to do a partial refund. I don't find them fair myself.