Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #921
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieT View Post
Very curious where you're getting this information.
This study comparing the genital innervation of primates and humans: http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/cold-mcgrath/ It's really very fascinating: in other primates, the point of sex is for the male to get in and ejaculate quickly. Thus, they have most of their most sensitive nerves in the glans, which mediates the ejaculatory response. Humans, on the other hand, have most of their sensitive nerves in the foreskin, which mediates pleasure and delays ejaculation. This is likely because humans have social pair bonding to maximize reproductive success. Part of the bonding is that sex is for more than reproduction - it also has a social component, to make the bond. Thus, foreskin gives longer sex, more sensation, and helps the oxytocin bonding. Isn't that fascinating????

Advertisement

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #922
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolingFamily View Post
Didn't one guy start his lawsuit soon after he turned 18, then he ended up winning $2 million from the hospital that circumcised him? I am on my phone and can't go looking for links right now.
I don't know who you're talking about, but I do think some men have won their cases. So much depends on the state and the facts of the case.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #923
cupcakedarling
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have to say that i don't find an intact penis more pleasurable...that seems a little YMMV
cupcakedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #924
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakedarling
i have to say that i don't find an intact penis more pleasurable...that seems a little YMMV
YMMV? What's that?

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #925
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakedarling View Post
Actually, there are several studies that show that foreskin does increase female pleasure. Any individual person may disagree, but studies are designed to see trends over large groups. The most interesting study was the one where even when women were culturally conditioned to prefer circumcised penises, they still had less pain and more pleasure with the intact men. !!!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #926
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
YMMV? What's that?

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Your Mileage May Vary

Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #927
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Actually, there are several studies that show that foreskin does increase female pleasure. Any individual person may disagree, but studies are designed to see trends over large groups. The most interesting study was the one where even when women were culturally conditioned to prefer circumcised penises, they still had less pain and more pleasure with the intact men. !!!

Yes this^^
It is more important to go with the general experience of women rather than the isolated opinion of one women.

Because a few women enjoy the rough and dry sexual ezpierence but most prefer the moist and lubricated piston action.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #928
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am a NICU nurse and unfortunately have to assist the doctor to do these. It is sad to see how uninformed parents are... They are just doing it to "look like dad" or "fit in with all the other boys in the locker room". And recently this mom in the NICU signed a consent for having a circumcision that the surgeon gave her and didn't ask till after it was already done why circs are done and what would happen if he wasn't circumcised! Wish she would have done that earlier, or the doc would have explained things more cause she might have changed her mind! And to top it off this poor boy ended up having major complications. He ended up cutting off too much and nicked an ARTERY!! He ended up having to stitch all around his poor penis to stop the bleeding! He is a swollen and miserable mess now and has been lethargic and restless while sleeping all weekend while I worked! I felt sooo bad for him!!! And this was done by a pediatric surgeon! I was anti circ before but after seeing this, this really put the nail in the coffin for me. Poor baby was miserable! And after all the pain and procedures this poor little guy had to go through the past 4 months of being in the NICU, this was probly the worst, especially cause all they could give him for pain was Tylenol!
DTheyssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #929
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh and the surgeon actually said to this mom "most people do it so they can look like all the other American boys. Did you know if you are in Europe that's one way you can sort of tell the difference, because they don't circ very often there" and that's when the mom asked what happens of they aren't circed, and he had no reason medically why a circ was necessary. He said over a lifetime and broad spectrum of males there is an increased risk of penile cancer, but if the boy kept it clean and washed it like any other body part in the shower it wouldn't cause any more risk for infection than uncircumcised penises. So his only argument was for aesthetics! Ugh! It sucks to not be able to fully be able to tout my views to these parents!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #930
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and you might of seen me on here before ( I posted on page 10 a long time ago) I mentioned I was going to circ if I had a son. I have clearly changed my view on this after seeing many many done and I absolutely hate partaking in them now. There is NO WAY I will have this done to my son if I have one, and I have convinced my hubby as well!