Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sounds like things are getting better Hang in there mama, it will get better! Some WIC offices have peer counselors and lactation consultants who offer free consults. They may not be IBCLC but it can be a help, especially for women without insurance.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: hard times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflaggirl View Post
Thanks for the replies. We woke up just a while ago and I was engorged. He happily munched down on both sides. No crying. Idk if its because he was half asleep, but he almost emptied both sides. Could it have been because I had a lot of fast flowing milk coming out? Right before we feel asleep, while I typed my post from my phone I was hand expressing, and crying because of it, so I fed him 1.5 oz n he drank it again happily. One thing I noticed, when I nurse him and the foremilk comes out and sprays he will take it, but once it stops shooting out and the hindmilk is slowly dripping he screams and then refuses. I seriously feel soo much better just being able to post here and let it out. I am a single mom so I have no one to share anything with except my 4 year old and she's asleep. Lol.

Melissa Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum
Try doing breast compressions when things slow down, it might help speed the flow up enough to make him happier on the breast. Just literally grab the boob in a c hold and squeeze. It helped when my nursling was that age.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Ds is really frustrated waiting for my let down and then after the initial fast flow does not want to eat more slowly, pulls off fusses bites scratches.
We have been switching sides more, usually a total of 4 'sides' per feeding. Gives time for milk to let down and collect in the other breast so when he switches to it there's more milk quickly. This has been working very well for us.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
blackflaggirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I will try the breast compressions more. I am also going to head to a lll meeting as soon as one is available. Today he didn't eat from 1-7. I would offer and he'd scream. Then finally he took it. I also have been switching like pp mentioned. He seems to like that. I'm so grateful for you ladies. Thank you.

Last edited by blackflaggirl; 10-29-2012 at 01:08 AM.
blackflaggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That sounds so hard mama If you ever just need someone to talk to, pm me.

Going that long without nursing doesn't seem right to me. But if he's nursing normally at other times it couldn't be a lip or tongue tie could it?

If you can express some milk, you might try fitting an eyedropper into the corner of his mouth while he's latched and slowly squeezing milk into his mouth to keep him interested. I had to do that for the first week or so with DS, he was a very impatient one.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
blackflaggirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
That sounds so hard mama If you ever just need someone to talk to, pm me.

Going that long without nursing doesn't seem right to me. But if he's nursing normally at other times it couldn't be a lip or tongue tie could it?

If you can express some milk, you might try fitting an eyedropper into the corner of his mouth while he's latched and slowly squeezing milk into his mouth to keep him interested. I had to do that for the first week or so with DS, he was a very impatient one.
Thank you. I have no idea about tongue or lip tie