Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Chemical burns from laundry det. HELPPP????

My dd now has them from a det we recently bought at whole foods. They are bad. Any mama who went through this with their little ones, what helped the best with clearing it up?????
The flash takes away from the blistes, so if i can get a better one later i will!

Here is the link to a pic. I dont want to post a huge pic of my little girls bottom. So if you want to see if it is anything like what you experienced please do, and TIA!
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...o/IMG_0651.jpg

Advertisement

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 01-21-2008 at 01:57 PM.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chemical burns from laundry det. HELPPP????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummyof2ooo View Post
My dd now has them from a det we recently bought at whole foods. They are bad. Any mama who went through this with their little ones, what helped the best with clearing it up?????
The flash takes away from the blistes, so if i can get a better one later i will!

Here is the link to a pic. I dont want to post a huge pic of my little girls bottom. So if you want to see if it is anything like what you experienced please do, and TIA!
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...o/IMG_0651.jpg
Oh no!! My ds had food allergies rashes and we would try lots of different things. I actually mixed together 3 different creams. {A & D, Balmex, and B. Butt Paste}. I mean I used a ton every change!

I then started using Earth Mama Angel Baby~ Baby Bottom Balm. It is amazing too! {It is all natural}.

I would also use liners with any cream.

You can also call up your ped to have them call in a cream for 'burns".

I am so sorry to hear about your little one! Make sure to throw that detergent OUT and always double or triple rinse!

Stay away from Charlies Soap too! Many moms have posted about it giving their dds chemical burns.

Please keep us posted!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
lotemp
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd got 'burns' from Charlie's Soap. I just lathered her up in diaper cream and put her in sposies until I could strip all her cloth and they went away. I also did soothing baths twice a day. It does go away...I'll think twice next time before changing from Tide though. Ouch!

lotemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thanx mama..She is potty trained, and only wears trainers at night(which i used tide like always) so I am at a loss. I am guessing since i used the new det on her panties maybe that is what happend...I dunno...I am going to pick up some pull ups today from the store for night time till i can figure out what caused it.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chemical burn is different than allergic reaction. I've had a lye burn before and generally it looks really red... not blisters. But maybe it could happen? The first thing I'd do is find out if it's a national brand or if it is a small formulator... because if it's a bad formulation which could easily happen, your whole foods store might have picked up someone that didn't use a proper scale or formulated wrong.

My guess is that it's an allergic reaction. But, seriously, DO contact your whole foods store and let them know that it happened. And do a little research on the brand. Most soapmakers are VERY careful formulators, but occasionally you'll find a careless one.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my! What is the brand of laundry detergent? That is terrible.

My DD has had a really bad rash like that before. I first used one of the diaper rash creams (Aveeno I think) and then I let her go bare butt for a while. Sometimes that meant cleaning up messes behind her or giving her a bath after a nap but the airing it out seemed to help. When she went w/o a diaper during a nap I just made sure to put down a few towels for easy clean up. Alternating between the cream and bare butt seemed to help a lot.

Also- I used sposies until I was able to switch detergents and completely strip the diapers.

I hope that you get it cleared up! Poor baby bottom.........
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
pigletmsu
Registered Users

Is the rash only in the bum region? My thought is that if you washed all your clothes and hers with the new detergent, but only her bum broke out, that it's not a chemical burn. It would have burned you, and more than just her bum. Unless you washed her undies seperately and they were the only things you washed with the detergent.

Have you used the tide for a while now without issue? Since the trainers are the only thing you are washing with the tide, then I would be more inclined to think it was the tide and not the new stuff. Again, if it was the new stuff, she'd be breaking out more than just in her bum region. Maybe a new fragrance of tide?

I've had issues with detergents in my house--we're allergic to just about everything--but we get eczema rashes. That rash is something I have never seen before. Could you have fed her anything new? Used a new wipe solution on her? New wipes? IMO I would be inclined to think it's something that you are JUST using on her bum/diaper region and not something that you are using on all her clothes.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
ms_mcnann
formerly t***_m**_r*****

My DD is the same way with the blisters.

I keep mixed up:

Cetaphil
Baby Aquaphor
tea tree oil
lavender oil

It works like a charm for all of our skin issues.
ms_mcnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Thanks mama's for all your help. The blisters popped this morning Her bottom looks painful but is actually looking better. I used tide a few months back with diapers, and had no issues, switched to biokleen and recently switched back to tide. So maybe it is the tide and she just recently developed a sensitivity to it. She only has accidents at night(in the trainers) so her panties didn't break her out. So far I have been using pretty much all the recommened creams and putting pure aloe. I hope we never have to go through this again.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfletch View Post
Oh my! What is the brand of laundry detergent? That is terrible.

My DD has had a really bad rash like that before. I first used one of the diaper rash creams (Aveeno I think) and then I let her go bare butt for a while. Sometimes that meant cleaning up messes behind her or giving her a bath after a nap but the airing it out seemed to help. When she went w/o a diaper during a nap I just made sure to put down a few towels for easy clean up. Alternating between the cream and bare butt seemed to help a lot.

Also- I used sposies until I was able to switch detergents and completely strip the diapers.

I hope that you get it cleared up! Poor baby bottom.........

It is the whole food brand "365" solid white box.