Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #31
Puppydog's Avatar
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,142
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Just out of interest sake. For those who feel homosexuality is a choice. When did you choose to be straight?

Advertisement

Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #32
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,754
My Mood:
I hope all those opposed to marriage equality and those who judge homosexuals are one day as ashamed of it as I am of the fact that interracial marriages were once outlawed--and even more so since I never actually advocated against interracial marriage.

Just because your holy book says something doesn't make it just, moral, intelligent, or human. Your book also advocated for slavery (and abuse of slaves) and marriage of a victim to her rapist. Stop trying to use your "moral compass" to infringe upon the rights of others!
__________________
Many things to many people.
soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #33
Hope4More's Avatar
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the land of Crazy
Posts: 5,353
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan
I hope all those opposed to marriage equality and those who judge homosexuals are one day as ashamed of it as I am of the fact that interracial marriages were once outlawed--and even more so since I never actually advocated against interracial marriage.

Just because your holy book says something doesn't make it just, moral, intelligent, or human. Your book also advocated for slavery (and abuse of slaves) and marriage of a victim to her rapist. Stop trying to use your "moral compass" to infringe upon the rights of others!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog
Just out of interest sake. For those who feel homosexuality is a choice. When did you choose to be straight?
Awww, geez. Here we go. We were all playing nice, and then, ding ding ding...it's super mario smash brothers time!

Attachment 138352

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
__________________
Wife, WAHM, born-again Christian, proud mommy to my loving, energetic son (4) and blessed, miracle daughter
God gave us our RAINBOW baby !
I WILL WARRIOR ON... This mama misses her three baby angels (10.19) (1.29) (4.18)
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 04-07-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
addicteddad
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 909
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
[/COLOR]



It still doesn't make sense as opening poster pointed out some animals on instinct eat their young. This is natural for them. It doesn't make it natural for humans. So the same would apply then for homosexuality or really anything animals do. Just because it may be natural for animals does not mean it is natural for people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I am not argueing as we are never going to agree on this. However it still doesn't make sense regardless of the side of this arguement you are on to say because something is natural for an animal it follows then that it must be natural to humans. Animals do many things we as humans (normal ones that is)would never dream of doing. Killing our young, eating poop, mating with our siblings or offspring for a few examples.

I have heard the animals don't or do ? referring to many hot button topics. I don't get it regardless. Even if I agree with the persons beliefs this arguement just turns me away from them.
This is subtly changing the argument. Typically, people say "homosexuality isn't natural." Which can be easily shown to be untrue, as it exists in nature.
Now you're adding on the "for humans" & "for animals" condition, which changes the argument entirely and not necessarily in your favor.

Humans are a member of the animal kingdom, for one and what is "natural" for humans (whatever that term may mean now, since "of nature" doesn't work anymore) is going to vary much more so from culture to culture. If you remove the rest of the animal world from the nature portion of natural, you're left with basically cultural "norms".
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #35
addicteddad
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 909
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Awww, geez. Here we go. We were all playing nice, and then, ding ding ding...it's super mario smash brothers time!

Attachment 138352

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
It doesn't have to be a religious debate. Those who take that position could choose to defend it based on evidence, instead of faith.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #36
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,754
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More

Awww, geez. Here we go. We were all playing nice, and then, ding ding ding...it's super mario smash brothers time!

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
Yeah, I do get all super smash brothers about silly things like human rights and equality. How silly. I should save true disdain for those who use formula or disposable diapers or something.

I'm so sick and tired of homosexuality and marriage equality being a debate that people feel the need to tiptoe around and "agree to disagree" about. PEOPLE are not debatable. We don't debate the righteousness of babies born with cleft palate or Down syndrome or blue eyes or who grow to be 6 feet tall--stop debating other humans who are born to be who they are.

Intolerance for humans, bigotry, human rights and equality should not be something to debate, and I'm not going to act like it is ok. People griped about MLK, Jr and Rosa Parks in their time because they were zealous about a cause. Gripe about me all you want--one day soon, we will also overcome this bigotry, and I will be proud to hold my head high knowing I didn't mince words on the subject of accepting everyone for who they are and advocating equal rights for all humans.
__________________
Many things to many people.
soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #37
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,432
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
Humans are also animals, so the comparison is used as an example of natural behaviors found in other animals, too.

There are many other places to find the same information if NatGeo doesn't work for you. The existence of homosexuality in nature really isn't debatable.
First, humans are animals, but their behavior is so different from other animals that the argument really doesn't hold any weight no matter which side of the fence you're on. As its already been pointed out, animals do many things that the normal human would never do.

As for the second part, is that non-debatable in the same sense that evolution is non-debatable? Because I disagree. I haven't been around all animals or researched it that heavily. I did grow up on and around farms and have been around loads of animals in my lifetime and have yet to encounter a gay one. So if it happens, I would say it is the very very rare exception to the rule, and I would also venture the guess that it would be more common in zoos and other areas where humans have interfered as opposed to in the wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
I hope all those opposed to marriage equality and those who judge homosexuals are one day as ashamed of it as I am of the fact that interracial marriages were once outlawed--and even more so since I never actually advocated against interracial marriage.

Just because your holy book says something doesn't make it just, moral, intelligent, or human. Your book also advocated for slavery (and abuse of slaves) and marriage of a victim to her rapist. Stop trying to use your "moral compass" to infringe upon the rights of others!
I find this comment rather awkward and out of place....you are the only person I saw mention the Holy book. Perhaps you are referring to a different book than I read, but the one I have does not advocate for slavery, nor the abuse of slaves, and certainly not the marriage of a rapist to the victim. I think you are probably just looking to stew the pot.

As for the last post you made, you do not get to decide what is debatable and what is not. I'm not intolerant, though I do disagree with the gay lifestyle that does not mean I think that they should be treated poorly and are somehow less than the heterosexuals. I am not pushing my morals on anyone. But my morals are different and I will not change them to conform with your desires in the same way you wouldn't change your morals to suit me.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #38
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,754
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

First, humans are animals, but their behavior is so different from other animals that the argument really doesn't hold any weight no matter which side of the fence you're on. As its already been pointed out, animals do many things that the normal human would never do.

As for the second part, is that non-debatable in the same sense that evolution is non-debatable? Because I disagree. I haven't been around all animals or researched it that heavily. I did grow up on and around farms and have been around loads of animals in my lifetime and have yet to encounter a gay one. So if it happens, I would say it is the very very rare exception to the rule, and I would also venture the guess that it would be more common in zoos and other areas where humans have interfered as opposed to in the wild.

I find this comment rather awkward and out of place....you are the only person I saw mention the Holy book. Perhaps you are referring to a different book than I read, but the one I have does not advocate for slavery, nor the abuse of slaves, and certainly not the marriage of a rapist to the victim. I think you are probably just looking to stew the pot.

As for the last post you made, you do not get to decide what is debatable and what is not. I'm not intolerant, though I do disagree with the gay lifestyle that does not mean I think that they should be treated poorly and are somehow less than the heterosexuals. I am not pushing my morals on anyone. But my morals are different and I will not change them to conform with your desires in the same way you wouldn't change your morals to suit me.
Your holy book must not be the bible.

And not looking to stir to pot, just sick of it being acceptable for anyone to "disagree with," not tolerate, or otherwise debate the very nature of an entire group of human beings whose only fault is to live the way the were born, they way their genetics were coded.
__________________
Many things to many people.

Last edited by soonerfan; 03-27-2013 at 07:05 AM.
soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
MothyrGrimm's Avatar
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,572
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

First, humans are animals, but their behavior is so different from other animals that the argument really doesn't hold any weight no matter which side of the fence you're on. As its already been pointed out, animals do many things that the normal human would never do.

As for the second part, is that non-debatable in the same sense that evolution is non-debatable? Because I disagree. I haven't been around all animals or researched it that heavily. I did grow up on and around farms and have been around loads of animals in my lifetime and have yet to encounter a gay one. So if it happens, I would say it is the very very rare exception to the rule, and I would also venture the guess that it would be more common in zoos and other areas where humans have interfered as opposed to in the wild.

I find this comment rather awkward and out of place....you are the only person I saw mention the Holy book. Perhaps you are referring to a different book than I read, but the one I have does not advocate for slavery, nor the abuse of slaves, and certainly not the marriage of a rapist to the victim. I think you are probably just looking to stew the pot.

As for the last post you made, you do not get to decide what is debatable and what is not. I'm not intolerant, though I do disagree with the gay lifestyle that does not mean I think that they should be treated poorly and are somehow less than the heterosexuals. I am not pushing my morals on anyone. But my morals are different and I will not change them to conform with your desires in the same way you wouldn't change your morals to suit me.
There are several animal who are known to have gay relationships. Particularly dolphins and penguins....

Also doesn't make sense that you blame it on humans and then say you never saw one on a farm... Which is pretty much the highest form of human interaction/intrusion.
__________________
Loving, country-fied, sewing, full time RVing, goat loving, kinda crunchy, farm-dreaming wifey to my goofy DH mama to our little punkins Hunter and Owen!

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 03-27-2013 at 07:15 AM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #40
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

i didn't read any of the above, except the first few posts... but i've got a question.

homosexuality is natural.
heterosexuality is natural.

can it really be both? it's opposite sides of the spectrum, i don't see how both can be natural. enlighten me.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.