Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If your water broke first w/ one pregnancy

Both of my labors started with my water breaking. But dd1 took 17 hours to show her face and dd2 took 4.5 hours....so the similarities end there!

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Water broke first with both. Wondering how it will go this time around...
Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

#1- 40 weeks water broke while making dinner, then contractions started.
#2 - 40 weeks 5 days water broke right before the birth.
#3- 39weeks 2 days, my water broke and no contraction started, I got induced the next day.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #24
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both boys were similar. I went to bed feeling like I should get up and prepare for baby some more because I didn't think I would have a chance to the next night. I woke up at 5ish to a "feeling" and carefully slid out of bed and was greeted with a gush when I stood up. Contractions didn't start for hours with either and they were born nearly 24 hours after my water broke.

I'm hoping it's the same this time, I'm used to it now! Of course it will probably be completely different.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

With my first my water broke and then took forever to get contractions! With #3 I felt the same way! She ended up being my fastest and easiest labor. Contractions for 2.5 hours then jumped in the tub and pushed for about 45 minutes and that is when my water broke and she came out with the next push!
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD--I was in mild labor for about 10 hours, then my water broke during a contraction, which sent me into hard labor, transition in the car, and 2 hours of pushing at the birth center (13 hours total.)

DS1--I was in mild labor for about 28 hours, then my MW broke my water, sending me into hard labor for about an hour, transition, and 25 minutes of pushing (30 hours total.)

DS2--I was in easy labor for about 8 hours, mild labor for about 6 hours, MW broke my water, sending me into hard labor for about 1.5 hours, transition and then 20 minutes/4 pushes (19 hours total.)
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The doctor kind of bullied me into getting my consent to break my water the 1st time. I was about 6 hours into a 9 and a half hour labor so I don't know when it would've broken on its own.

The second time they kind of had to break my water and I really couldn't have protested. I had pre-e and was in very bad shape. They started the pitocin at 8am and nothing happened for four hours, so the doctor broke my water at 12pm and upped the Pitocin - contractions began immediately. The labor lasted 6 hours, 15 mins from the first contraction til she was born.

The third labor was the only time my water broke on its own. They were actually giving me shots of this or that drug to keep me pregnant longer, because I was only 33 weeks. I went into labor on my own very suddenly and they just couldn't stop it. From the first contraction til she was born was 2 hours, 54 minutes long. My water broke pretty late into that, though. I'd have to check her baby book to make sure it's correct ( bad mom, I know) but from my recollection the water didn't break until just minutes before her birth.

And the last time they broke it for me again, about 4 hours before she was born.