Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cravings

I like to talk about food and I finally have enough of an appetite it won't gross me out so I wanted to find out what everyone else is craving?

Here's my list...

First trimester when I could barely eat, all I wanted was:
- orange juice with lots and lots of ice (can't get anywhere near oj now)
- oatmeal with raisins and walnuts
- bagels
- those cream cheese and chive crackers in the pack lol

Second trimester so far I have lots of heartburn so I want all dairy all the time :/
- cottage cheese
- instant vanilla pudding
- milk by the gallon (skim only... Easier to chug!!)
-pineapple (counter to the anti-heartburn foods-- I can eat a whole one in about 2 days)

Processed food like crackers and granola bars and most sweets like cookies and cake leave a weird taste in my mouth and make me feel yucky... Such a bummer. I love snack food and sweets! Lol! Probably better for me not to eat them though And I usually like soda when pregnant but ugh. I can't do it most of the time.

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cravings

First trimester it was French fries and pizza. I don't normally eat them but it was one of the only things I could get down on a consistent basis and not throw back up, although the pizza did come back up once or twice that was still better than most everything else. This trimester it's Zuppa's Café Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad- it's just lettuce with fruit in it and a yummy strawberry vinegrette dressing and cinnamon almonds. It's so good!! I've also craved taco bell seven layer burritos but after finding out how many calories are in those tiny little things, I won't be indulging that one again.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Junk. Seriously just junk cross the board. Pizza, brownies, cheese, crackers, peanuts. I like all of these things anyways so the big difference is my lack of desire for things that I normally like to eat much more often than I am. Salads, apples, Indian food, I normally crave Indian food all the time, and although I still love it any want to eat it I find I am not CRAVING it as much as I do when not pregnant. Also I am usually a coffee junkie but hot coffee is sorta off my radar right now, iced coffee is what I'm craving.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
elated
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First trimester I didn't have cravings, it was a matter of working with my aversions and what I could tolerate eating... When i could eat, watermelon was GREAT and relieved nausea. I had a HUGE aversion to meat the first trimester... which took a while to get used to again into my second trimester.

Second trimester, I haven't had spontaneous cravings, but if i see a picture of something delicious I definitely want it I LOVE looking at pictures of delicious food but i've been really focused on trying to eat healthy, so I try not to indulge in fatty/sugary cravings, though it's been harder this past week since my hunger has intensified. One thing that I could eat an endless supply of is fresh fruit.
elated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Sushi and curry! I could eat them both all day, every day. (Cooked, non-tuna sushi, that is!)
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, watermelon!! Yes!! I SOOOO wish it was summer so I could eat it! I had some on a fruit tray the other day at a training I went to and I had to stop myself from getting thirds.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 AM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
oh, watermelon!! Yes!! I SOOOO wish it was summer so I could eat it! I had some on a fruit tray the other day at a training I went to and I had to stop myself from getting thirds.
Why stop???? now you guys have me wanting watermelon.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Aerie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Right before I found out we were expecting, I was wanting chinese food every day. Haven't really had any major cravings except fried chicken with ice cream..
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote