Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #21
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I had lofty goals of staying active and eating healthy! Right now I'm struggling to eat, get up and do ANYTHiNG, and just take care of myself. Sickness is kicking my butt! Hopefully in the second tri when this aweful haze lifts I will get back to walking, and maybe pilates or something. But for right now, survival is the mode I'm in.
I am right there with you. I always underestimate how fast pregnancy sickness will knock me on my butt and how long it lasts... hope you feel better soon! I'm planning to do walking and yoga once I feel better.

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #22
jcarter
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else trying to stay fit?

I'm there with you, too! I was exercising to start with, but with being so exhausted and the weather being so cold here (our high is minus 8 today...) I have been doing nothing. Now I'm getting short of breath just walking up the stairs (I know the pregnancy is to blame) but it makes me feel sooooo out of shape!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #23
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm finally starting to feel human enough to consider exercise. I went swimming yesterday and ended up sleeping for almost 3 hours in the afternoon :/

I was running up til snow hit (right around the same time I got pregnant) and hope to be able to pick it back up once it's warmer.

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #24
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljube112 View Post
I'm finally starting to feel human enough to consider exercise. I went swimming yesterday and ended up sleeping for almost 3 hours in the afternoon :/

I was running up til snow hit (right around the same time I got pregnant) and hope to be able to pick it back up once it's warmer.
swimming sounds heavenly! I swam 3-4 times a week when I was pregnant with my son. I loved it. But no gym membership or time this time. But it sounds so nice. I'm thinking about trying some yoga this weekend. My muslces are so tight Ineed to relax them and loosen them up.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #25
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
swimming sounds heavenly! I swam 3-4 times a week when I was pregnant with my son. I loved it. But no gym membership or time this time. But it sounds so nice. I'm thinking about trying some yoga this weekend. My muslces are so tight Ineed to relax them and loosen them up.
Swimming is my favourite, just not this time of year! Too cold! I swam laps all the way through my pregnancy with dd.

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #26
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

I got one of the Erin O'Brien DVDs that were recommended earlier. I'm hoping to try that out tomorrow. It's been pretty snowy here so hard to run, and on Monday we're supposed to get windchills in the -30's. I might have to join the gym! If I do, then I'll probably pick up some swimming.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #27
walker.jamie2
Registered Users
seller

So far I've just been walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes 4-5 times/week. I can't wait til it warms up so my son and I can walk outside!!
walker.jamie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #28
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to make a depiction myself- get back to the gym or just stop my membership. It's ridiculous paying every month and not going. Keep thinking now that second tri is here I need to get back into a schedule but I'm not going to lie- I'm lazy. I've got this prolapsing and can't do much other than recumbent biking and sitting weights. Maybe rowing. I need to get my butt into action. I'm up like 17lbs already
Old 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #29
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've eaten salad and vegis three days in a row. That's as close to "staying fit" as I'm coming these days. Oh, and I took the stairs today instead of the elevator.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #30
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I've eaten salad and vegis three days in a row. That's as close to "staying fit" as I'm coming these days. Oh, and I took the stairs today instead of the elevator.
Yay vegetables!!! I had broccoli last night and that's the first green thing I've eaten in I don't even want to say (2 months???) hope you continue to feel better! It's so hard
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote