Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

2015 anyone?

I got a BFP last week. Looks like my due date is about July 9, 2015. If all goes well, this will be my 6th.

I just had my last baby this past May. I usually count on breastfeeding to naturally space my children, but I wasn't able to breastfeed my newest little guy. Looks like we got pregnant on our first fertile post-partum cycle when we were actively TTA. I bought a huge pack of Wondfo tests so I could obsessively confirm I wasn't pregnant whenever I wanted. When they came in the mail mid-afternoon, I decided to use one just for fun, I was about 10 dpo and was a little shocked to see it come up positive. Next morning, I took a new Wondfo and a FRER, and they were glaringly positive, too, no squinting necessary. Guess it was meant to be!

So far, just my husband and I know (and now all of DS.) I want to wait a while before telling friends and family. I'm anticipating poor reactions and I don't want to deal with it.

Advertisement

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2015 anyone?

I got my BFP today. Due Date is July 16th according to the due date calculator. I told my family today as well. They knew I was TTC. We have not told DH's family and I dont know when we will. His family is not going to be as happy. After all we have been through they will feel like it was a bad choice to risk losing another baby or risking my health. They just wont understand that for me I needed to do this the way my family does.

Sorry you are expecting bad responses. I know it is tough. My mom had six kids and I love having all the siblings. Its crazy at times but good. How long do you wait to tell the kids? I don't know when we will explain it all to DS. He has heard me say it but he wasn't really paying attention. I don't think he knows at all. I can't hide it since we will be going to Dr. apt and stuff but I dont want to build him up to be a big brother the way we did with Abby just to have it end so tragically again. He was so little at the time that even tough he wanted a baby sister when she didn't come home with us he didn't really notice. I am just praying this will be "a good take home baby" as the doctor put it and we can have the joyful pregnancy I am dreaming of!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

CONGRATULATIONS! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! I recall reading about your tragic loss and your failed adoption. I hope this does turn into a good take home baby for your family! I do understand needing to do this, despite the risks. All mine are bios, but we're registered foster parents, too, and it's a really tough job.

We often tell the kids right away, but I don't want to quite yet. Once we tell them, the whole world knows: family, friends, church friends, teachers, the cashier at Kroger... I'm so early, I want to wait until I'm past the point I miscarried previously and I'm just not ready to deal with people's reactions, yet. Many reacted poorly to the announcement of our 5th, so I'm not anticipating happy reactions to our 6th. My family will be happy, but might be a little worried about me. My youngest 2 will only be 13 months apart, so it won't be easy.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm due somewhere around July 6th, not 100% sure on dates since I had a miscarriage in September and then got pregnant again right away. This is baby #5 for us! So far we've only told some family and a few close friends, waiting to share with everyone until after my ultrasound next week.

My first 2 were 13 months apart Karen, and it was rough basically having 2 babies, but I think now that I have more, I would happily do it again since I have more helpers too! And my boys are SO close, it's awesome.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Karen, Yes this has been a very tough journey. I miss E like crazy. Maybe even more lately. He has just been weighing on my heart. I cried a bit today thinking about Abby and Ben. Its a hard thing to be at the beginning again. I am just going to have to do my best to focus on the positive. I can imagine it is very hard to get LO's to keep the baby secret. My mom tried to bake me a surprise cake today and DS spilled the beans in like 5 minutes!

Sara Good Luck on the ultrasound. I cant wait until all that starts. We are going to Disney in two weeks so hopefully that will keep my mind busy and eat up some of that pre-dr time. We have waited years to go to Disney with everything that has happened and I am determined it will be a great pre-baby trip. Even with morning sickness
Old 11-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #6
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is anyone interested in a facebook group? I don't like posted many personal details here, especially now that they can't be edited later.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations, Sara! Thanks for the encouragement on the 13-month spacing. It's definitely worrying me. My first 2 were 19 months apart and I thought that was tough. It does make it easier to have older kids in the house. My others will be 15, 13, 9, 4 and 1 when this one arrives. The teenagers are incredibly helpful already.

I'm looking forward to my first ultrasound, too. I'm not 100% sure of my dates, either. If I go by LMP, I should be due on the 2nd, but if I go by when FF said I ovulated, I should be due on the 9th, so I'm going with the 9th, unless the ultrasound says differently. My doctor used to do ultrasounds between 7-8 weeks, but when I made the appt, she said now they do the first ultrasound between 10-12 weeks. Don't they understand how badly I need to see that heartbeat? I never feel safe until I see it.

Have fun at Disney, Megan! I've never been, but it's on my bucket list for someday.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
Is anyone interested in a facebook group? I don't like posted many personal details here, especially now that they can't be edited later.
Yes, that sounds great! Would you consider making it secret? We haven't told anyone, yet, and I don't want anyone to see it, yet.

If you'd rather not make it secret, then I can just join after we've gone public.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #9
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh definitely secret, we haven't shared our news with more than a few family members yet I'll go ahead and make it, if you PM me your email address, I can add you that way
Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #10
grayciesmommy
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies,
I just got my BFP on Saturday and tested again yesterday and lines were darker, yah!! I'm due July 13th. Would love to join in on a secret Facebook group so things can be discussed more privately.
We've only told a select few people and would like to wait a few more weeks before telling our 4 year old (she'd tell everyone, lol!) or the rest of our family.
grayciesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote