Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Wool! Toddler Felted Upcycle Pink Soaker and Felted Wool Mat

I was digging through a box of fabric and found a Pink Upcycle Toddler Soaker, made from a used 100% wool sweater, well felted. Modified Katrina pattern, I make the the leg holes one size bigger. DD tried it on once but she didn't like the feel of it. It feels soft to me so... It has 2 layers in the wet zone. The stitching isn't the most professional, please check the pictures but very functional.

9in front height
~10in back height
4in crotch width
5.5in diameter leg hole

A unattached layer of upcycled felted wool, gray, for more protection. It fits inside this cover. 12in long

I also made this yellow wool mat using single crochet, 100% wool yarn. I ran out of yarn and felted it at the size it is. Never found a use for it. It's not flexible enough really to make a soaker in my opinion, could maybe be a changing mat or something? Not sure why the yellow color differs, I never used it for anything... maybe I did purchase more yellow yarn to try to make it bigger? Don't recall. Approx 43inx12in. Well felted I believe it could be cut and stay shape.

These were made about 3 years ago. FFS. Click pictures for more images and more sizing.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-08-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote