Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
noellengod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Etsy thoughts

I have a website where I sell my soaps, but even thought people know I have a website in person (at craft shows, etc) they keep asking if I have an Etsy site. Is this something I should add to my repertoire? Is it worth having to manage two different sites?

Thanks for the advice!

-Noelle
www.BelieveSoap.com

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
noellengod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Etsy thoughts

Okay, it looked easy so I went ahead. Now thoughts on it? https://www.etsy.com/shop/BelieveSoap?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
HazyJill
Registered Users

I'm thinking about opening my own Etsy shop. I am a painter/ sketch artist. Did you open a shop? how did it go if so?
HazyJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
bethiana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome pictures! Great tags! My only advice would be take advantage of your shops about page & also upload your own picture as the maker along with your bio for people to connect with you & your process. On that page you are able to upload 5 photos & would be great to show you pouring, mixing, cutting & labeling your soap.
bethiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellengod View Post
Okay, it looked easy so I went ahead. Now thoughts on it? https://www.etsy.com/shop/BelieveSoap?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Your soaps look scrumptious! Consider joining The Handmade Forum, chatting with some of the people there, and doing a challenge or treasury or two. It may help you get enough clicks to make your etsy presence more worthwhile. And since the board is not etsy specific, networking there would be more fruitful for you than in an etsy team if you decided to ditch etsy. http://thehandmadeforum.boards.net/ I am DJDeodorants on the board.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #6
Chickadee & Me
Registered Users
Formerly: Scifisarah
seller

My Mood:

I think the more places you can have your items, the better exposure/sales you will get. It is a little more difficult for me since all my woolies are one of a kind and need new individual listings made each time but I would certainly list my soap in as many shops as I could, if I were you.

Chickadee & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #7
rachachara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Noelle, Your shop looks great. Very professional photos. I've been working with some folks improving their etsy shops in exchange for products. Here's a little free advice for me- no soap bartering needed. I would put more in your top banner bar besides the note about delayed shipping. Include a little tagline or description about your store or your soap. Also, the About page looks good, but I would break it up into 1-3 paragraphs. It makes it easier to read. Best of luck!! If you ever want to trade some etsy marketing or social media marketing for soap, don't hesitate to contact me Take care.
rachachara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:25 AM   #8
atticanatomy
Registered Users

I definitely think etsy is well worth having. If I see a little local lady at a flea market or anything like that. I always look them up on etsy when I get home. If I am interested. To see feedback etc
atticanatomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #9
trixiebme
Registered Users

Etsy is a great venue but can become expensive. I sell on Etsy and can't believe what some of my monthly bills are!
trixiebme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #10
Snuggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This looks fantastic, great job! Your pictures look very professional. If you ever want to trade, lemme know!
Snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote