Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #11
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: A couple nb pictures - GMD nb muslin flats

Thank you!

I started using the NB flats with the bikini fold:

I've never really liked this fold because either the flat I had wasn't long enough, or it was too stiff in the middle. The nb flats folded in half are a little longer than a small GMD prefold, or a small birdseye flat folded in quarters, so it works well for that. She is 12 lbs in the photo. Still using them and she's almost 14lbs now. 2 flats doubled up I think would be night worthy for her, but I haven't tried.

Advertisement

apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #12
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you used Newborn Simplex? If so do you think the newborn Thirsties naturals hold as much. We loved the Simplex, but haven't tried the Thirsties.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #13
1Swan
Registered Users

Thank you for sharing the photos! My husband and I are exploring cloth diapering and the newborn stage is the one we have the most questions about. Itís so great to see how newborn diapering has gone for you!
1Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #14
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskamom View Post
Have you used Newborn Simplex? If so do you think the newborn Thirsties naturals hold as much. We loved the Simplex, but haven't tried the Thirsties.
Sorry, just saw this. I haven't, but I'd guess that the Simplex holds more, as it fits up to 16 lbs.
The Thirsties AIO are pretty tiny, I don't think there's as much fabric in them.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #15
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I used the Thirsties Naturals newborn and I was very impressed by the absorbency. Never tried newborn Simplex but Thirsties hold more than newborn SmartBottoms for sure.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #16
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

So recently I decided to use these as an overnight solution. By the measurements on the GMD website, 2 nb flats is more fabric than one large.

So I padfolded one and laid it inside a fastened one (bikini twist) with a fleece liner. It lasted all night, but she's not nursing much at night these days. 4.5 months, probably around 14.5 pounds. Anyway, all in all I think this is a pretty versatile purchase.