Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Funny how things go.......

So we are going on a 5to 6 day trip to tennessee to visit my dh's grandmother who is like 92 years old. She hasn't seen the kids since my ds was a baby and now he is almost 4. We also really want her to see the baby since she is named for her and we aren't sure how long gram will make it. SOooooo, we were talking about hotels and car plans the other night with mil (who is coming along) and I said I need to find a hotel with a washer dryer service available. MIL freaks out and say "you're not seriously gonna do that on the vacation are you"?

Well, ya! I mean I use mostly prefolds and a couple fitteds here and there- it can't hurt much to take em along and I think it's better for her tush!! kwim. It's weird cause dh was a cloth baby so I didn't expect that kind of response. So anyways, I got a phone call yesterday and it was grandmother in law and she starts telling me how excited she is that we are coming down and that she can't wait. THen, she says, "I am so glad you are making the effort to use cloth diapers with your baby, even on the trip. It shows what a good mama you are to put up with the hassle and inconvenience to do what's good for your baby." She had me grinning from ear to ear!!!! I can't wait to see the arguements between her and her daughter about the fact that I am still "gasp" Breastfeeding my dd who will be 4.5 mo old at the time Crazy how that middle generation is so anti natural anything!!

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
medicmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Funny how things go.......

I love grandmas! They always know how to lift your spirits and make you feel all warm and snuggly!
medicmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's so wonderful!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
irisheyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmom View Post
I love grandmas! They always know how to lift your spirits and make you feel all warm and snuggly!
so so true, it is so funny that when you breastfeed, when you look into homeschooling, when you look into cloth diapering, or really anything that is closer to nature or the natural rhythms of the home, it is our grandmothers who we have the most in common with!! Too funny. I wonder what that will mean for the future of our society??
irisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
teaghansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep... gmas rock!
altho my mom and MIL are totally on board with the Bfing (my mom is an LC) and Cding

my grandma gave me 2 soakers that were used on HER!!! she was born in 1921!
we don't use them of course but i love that i have them, they are so cute and pretty!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #6
lorilynnmn
"It's for the poopies"
seller

My Mood:

gotta luv the Gram (that is what I call my grandma too )!!
lorilynnmn is offline   Reply With Quote