Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what is the best aio?

I am looking at starting a stash thinking AIO will work with DH.
Starting from abour 2 weeks old probably around 10lbs.
Kushies are pritty cheap and can get 5 for 40.00 and i seen you can get FB seconds for 10 a piece?
What do you think of these what are the pros and cons and what else would you recomend?

I am going to make some fitted for me to use and get some prowrap seconds or dappi covers and make some recycled wool.

Advertisement

peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
kristiashley
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: what is the best aio?

Can't speak to the kushies as I've never used them. FBs worked great for us in the beginning and then my skinny DS didn't fit in them well so we switched.

My fave AIO is Mums Bums (happytushies.com). We've never had a leak, blowout or anything with them and they are trim. I've been using them for about 6 months and they are the dipe I always take when we go out. They are also the only dipe my DH will reach for. They are aplix though. It's the only front closure dipe I like and the only aplix I use.

I love my Mutts fitted and prefolds with a wool cover/longies the best though.

Good luck finding your perfect stash!

Kristi, WAHM to three lovely little ones, DD (8) and DS (5) and DS (3).
kristiashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

www.cuddlebugcloth.com. Her AI2s are the bomb. And you get an organic hemp insert that is sooooooo super absorbant.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
11-13-06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have only tried about 3-4 different AIOs, but my favorite out of those 4 is Blessed Bottomz - teresa is on here, but I can't remember her user name. I only have one, btu I love it! And she is now doing embroidery!

We love fuzzi bunz and Diaper Change pockets (diaper change is a WAHM - poohafied is her username on here)

Fuzzi bunz seconds will NOT come with an insert, so factor that into your $...and kushies aren't the most absorbant - I haven't tried them, but what I here is they work alright, but aren't the greatest (explaining the price!)
11-13-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

Kushies aren't the greatest because they aren't too absorbent and easily look dingy/pilled. I've seen them in stores and they are cute new, but don't stay that way. They come in two types, the Kushies Ultra which is an AIO with flannel inner and nylon outer, and the Kushies Classic, which is advertised as more of a fitted with a flannel outer but does have a waterproof layer underneath the flannel. I think the waterproof layer works for an hour or two maybe, but is unreliable, so it's not really an AIO. Never really understood it.

I bought a used one of each and did not like them. The Kushies Classic with the flannel outer looked dingy and very pilled because that's what happens to flannel in the wash. The Velcro was a little narrower than normal and kind of twisted, worst looking velcro of anything in my stash. The diaper was too small for my child so I didn't get to use it. It was an infant size and it seemed like a reasonable 5-20 pound diaper.

The Kushies Ultra I bought was toddler side (20 pounds and up) and was absolutely huge, in fit and in bulk. My child was a smallish 24 months when I got it. I could maybe see it for a potty training 3 year old.

I hear good things about Very Baby, Nana's Bottoms AIOs, and Baby Softwraps. The Nana's Bottoms aren't too expensive. Some come with flannel, so stay away from them if flannel is something you want to avoid. Bumkins AIO is similar to Kushies Ultra, but better somehow. I don't hear many people rave about Bumkins AIO, but not many complain about them either.