Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2011 - SEPTEMBER CHAT!

whoo hoo!! Congrats Hallie!!

Britt- oh no!! I hope it wasn't to bad!!

Rough day so far on the baby front.. just fussy and we are both so tired. I need to figure out how to get this lo to sleep in a bed! not on me !

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome hallie!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #23
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
whoo hoo!! Congrats Hallie!!

Britt- oh no!! I hope it wasn't to bad!!

Rough day so far on the baby front.. just fussy and we are both so tired. I need to figure out how to get this lo to sleep in a bed! not on me !
Hmmm, have you tried a rice pack heated up and put next to him? He may like the warmth.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay Hallie! Are you so excited?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #25
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy

Hmmm, have you tried a rice pack heated up and put next to him? He may like the warmth.
No but I will def try that. I've done it to warm the bed up for the others. All I need is a fake boob to put near his face then. Lol.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Boob mold!

Eta: Must be microwavable and porous to take on scent.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You guys are awesome. I seriously love you!

Izzy had her 1st day of 1st grade today. She was almost in tears and ran up to me when I picked her up. She said some girls in her class said she was ugly. ;( My poor little Moon. And she looked absolutely adorable today. I texted hubby and he brought her home pink roses. So all is good. Kinda. One of the 2 girls is in Izzy's girl scout troop. Which is kind of a big deal when I'm the leader and there are 4 girls. I'm glad Mama bear has time to figure out a way to bring this to her Mom's attention. Ideas?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no Amy I would have lost it!!!! You and your dh are superstars! I amnot looking forward to when Peyton and Harper go. but honestly with Peyton she won't have to go to school bc when someone calls her a name they probably will never let her on school grounds again.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #29
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Oh boy, that is a toughie. Your poor sweet girl shouldn't have had to endure that. What a good and loving Daddy to bring her flowers.

What if you don't talk to the other mom. What if you talk with Izzy (and June!) about how our beauty comes from WHO we are, not just what we look like. Really emphasize to them that EVERYONE is different and beautiful. Play a game: get handheld mirrors and look at yourselves. Take turns telling each other something you like about yourself, then about the other person. Play it at home AND at Girl Scouts. Make it a point to talk (at girl scouts) specifically about calling others names like UGLY, FAT, STUPID and about how it hurts to be called those names. Turn it into a teachable moment.....a moment to hug because the words hurt and stung, then a longer moment to revel in how smart, and beautiful, and silly, and kind she is. So sad that even in 1st grade girls call each other ugly, because that's the 'worst' thing to be called.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
Oh boy, that is a toughie. Your poor sweet girl shouldn't have had to endure that. What a good and loving Daddy to bring her flowers.

What if you don't talk to the other mom. What if you talk with Izzy (and June!) about how our beauty comes from WHO we are, not just what we look like. Really emphasize to them that EVERYONE is different and beautiful. Play a game: get handheld mirrors and look at yourselves. Take turns telling each other something you like about yourself, then about the other person. Play it at home AND at Girl Scouts. Make it a point to talk (at girl scouts) specifically about calling others names like UGLY, FAT, STUPID and about how it hurts to be called those names. Turn it into a teachable moment.....a moment to hug because the words hurt and stung, then a longer moment to revel in how smart, and beautiful, and silly, and kind she is. So sad that even in 1st grade girls call each other ugly, because that's the 'worst' thing to be called.
Aww poor little girl! Good advice Britt, I was thinking the same thing. Better to just talk about it as a group and emphasize that being called ugly hurts. Then the other girl and mom dont feel weird, meybe she will get it. But if she continues then I might personally bring it up.

Yes I am excited I thought i was having a girl, but still nervous, im used to just BOYS.

I read yur comment BOOB MOLD and thought grosss,!!!! LOL
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote