Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
want to hear something really bad...

i might not cloth diaper this baby. .......... I am overwhelmed at the thought right now. I have been having alot of depression again lately from stress and i just dont want to set myself up for more PPD after baby comes. However, I will be using a chemical free compostable diaper that I am able to order here. That makes it a little better right? later if i feel up to it i have dd and ds stash to use. but until i feel up to it if i even do, im not even digging them out because i will get anxiety about it more!!! ok confession over. am I still alive?

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: want to hear something really bad...

I'll stand in front of you and protect you if someone starts throwing the tomatoes

We haven't cloth diapered at all.... I joined DS to learn about it, and other "crunchy" things (some of which I do, some I don't)... and to get cheap gently used clothes for my DD. I'm considering cloth diapering this one, but I can't say for sure if it will happen or not.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Judesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DS was born we used sposies until about 3 months. We have them for babysitters and travelling. I think you do what you need to give the best care for your baby and that's all that matters, and if someone judges you for that, they are in the wrong.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it stresses you out that much, you shouldn't do it. You'll have enough things to worry about with a newb in the house. How you diaper your baby shouldn't be a big cause of anxiety.

Can I ask what about it stresses you out? Is it the laundry? It sounds like you already own a stash, so I'm guessing you're not worried about having to buy lots of cloth.

If it's the laundry that worries you, one idea is to have anyone who wants to buy stuff for the baby put money into a diaper service account for you. We did this and ended up having diaper service for 8 months. We canceled when the gift money ran out, and CD'ed on our own. But at least it might buy you some time to decide what you want to do.

Good luck! And don't worry, mama, we still you!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
kat1205
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your sanity is worth more than using cloth diapers. I know with DD it drove me nuts, she was a super soaker and I couldn't find anything that worked and she was so tiny it was a pain in the rear. We used disposables for quite a while and still use them when we are out and from time to time.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Merrilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whatever works for you! I've only bought 2 packages of disposables, and found I hated them more than doing laundry for cloth. So for me, the thought of disposable diapering the new one stresses me out! But I KNOW that the first few weeks I'm not even going to be THINKING about diaper laundry, but luckily my DH feels the same way about sposies and he'll do the laundry

For me, I'm not looking forward to the recuperation, and hanging out in bed. Last time I had almost 4th degree tears, so that was a huge part of it. I'm hoping this time it goes a lot easier!

Oh, and I may or may not be pumping for a second baby... I loathe pumping, but I have a friend who's unable to BF, so depending on her needs I may pump for her. We'll see.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:10 AM   #7
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

ITA with the other ladies. If CD'ing isn't for you, don't feel ANY guilt. You know what's right for your family, and you shouldn't feel pressured to do anything else
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i also agree. I do cloth diaper but im going to admit since ive been so sick that i have gone out and gotten some disposables just to make it a bit easier on me so im using a combo of both for now until i feel better.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yea im not going to have my head cut off!!!! some of it is the laundry but not too much. I think its that i usually have super soaker kids and ihave to stuff the diaper and clothes hardly fit over them and dd got rashes from wool. I really wanted to try interlock so i just might. then i get all worked up thinking about what kind of diaper i really want. i love the easiness of prefolds but i also love all in ones. in the summer i can dry them on a rack outside. oh great now im talking myself into it!! LOL prefolds just might be better, fast to dry. see this is how ridiculous my mind is lately!! LOL
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Yeah you're good with me too! I already am giving up on CDing my dd because I know once the sickness and tiredness hits I won't be up for it. I think I will still CD the newbie though.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote