Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
dnh
Registered Users

MANUAL pumping.. help? (long read)

not so quick backround- i live in a place (nicaragua) where there are no other breast pumps to purchase, so that is not an option. I was graciously sent a medela manual pump by another mama from back home but am not doing very well with it. i can get maybe about 1 oz from each side but this is waking up in the middle of the night and i am terrible at being disciplined enough to do this consistently (the inconsistency may be part of my problem). i just dont see ay other time to pump being that i really only produce enough to meet my ds demand. i am dyeing to build up a small freezer stash and also increase my supply because it is always a hassle getting every last drop out of me at each feeding just to fill him up. it take me about an hour at each feeding and i only have about 2 hours break before it is time to feed him again. i am kinda terrified to pump between feedings because i dont think ill have enough for him by the time it is time for him to nurse again. he sleeps through the night though so that is why i was waking up to pump in the first place.

anyway, any advice? if i am more consistent at midnight pumping would the output increase? i really struggle to just get that 1oz out. and am so sore afterward from all the dry pumps and sqeezing
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote