Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
cynajones83
Registered Users

Diaper Covers & Prefolds question?

So, I'm not new to using cloth diapers but I'm new to using them on a newborn. I started using cloth pocket diapers when my youngest was 4 months.

I'm expecting again and trying build up a newborn stash. I currently have 16 AIO newborn fits 4lb to 13 lb. 32 prefolds and 4 covers.........

I intend on washing Every other day...... Do I need more diapers or should this be good until the new baby gets into the OS pockets?

Advertisement

cynajones83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Covers & Prefolds question?

I'm also building a newborn stash and I think that sounds like plenty!! I have a similar amount (maybe 40 changes?) and that should be enough to hold us through wash day also. Congrats to you!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you are washing every other day it should be fine. The only thing I would say is keep in mind the drying time of your aio's. When they are little they can go through 12-16 diapers a day without batting an eyelash . So if your aio's take awhile to dry or if you hang to dry ,you may not have them available every other day while they are drying. I planned on only using aio's with one of my littles and they were still damp after two cycles so I would have to hang them to finish so I was always out of diapers. I got some prefolds to fill the gap an ended up just using those all the time because it was easier.